Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » World of Darkness

TheLily

I want to revisit an old friend of mine. I had a WoD game going on, but my players stopped showing up for various reasons and I got bored with it.

Well, that's not true. I got bored of having literally months in between games.

In an ideal world, I want 3, maybe 4 players who can play over skype. In a less ideal world, I want 3, maybe 4 players who can play on here.

The Setting (which is what you want, I guess, not my whining!):

In the 80's, a group of kids from a small town, ranging in age from 5-14 are friends only because they live in the same area. The youngest and oldest are a pair of sisters, (played as NPC's). The older of the two, Becky, begins to see things and have hullucination, drawing the others into it as well.

I don't want to give too much away, but we can run it one of two ways - either you start as the kids and go from there, or as adults. I am happy either way.

If you're interested, let me know here and we can get started. As long as at least two people are interested, I can drag my husband into this, but I need two people. I would prefer three, so that I don't have to force him to try and replay the same thing.

WARNING: there will be adult topics, like suicide, abuse and tramas inflicted on children. If you're not able to handle this sort of subject matter, then it's best if you don't join. My games are dark, without needing the use of monsters like Vampires or Werewolves. There is enough to draw from in real life. I want to play a game with few rolls and a lot of "oh my god" factor. I am not nice to these hypothetical children, because this world is not perfect. If you want an outline of all of the subject matter that might be brought up, please send me a PM. Otherwise, if you're just going to get mad at me for this, don't even bother replying. I have no time for someone who can't handle my world. I'm warning you ahead of time so that there should be no problems.

If this game is played on here, it will be in a private group, because we don't want to offend the PG-13 rule. I like not breaking rules.";
You know I would be very for this :3
TheLily Topic Starter

One slot filled. Even if you're the only one interested, I still wanna run a game for you :P
I might be interested .__. I might have to make another character for it :/ Or try to get Evelyn to be a little bit older and find more reasons for her to hate her life aside from being dumped by a boy xD
TheLily Topic Starter

That's two! Any more takers? I'll outline the world soon, and get y'all started on creation. I should ask, do you want to start when they're kids or do you want to start when they're adults?
It sounds interesting... what, specifically are you looking for? I'll have to make a character for this, so let me know ASAP.
TheLily Topic Starter

If we're starting as children, you do lose a couple of dots (I'll elaborate if you decide to run as children). For adults there will be no change.

Small down America, er, did I say town? Village would be a generous word for this place. The group of you are friends of various ages. Emily, the little dear is 5, the younger sister of the eldest of your little posse - Becky. Becky is the leader, because... well, she's the oldest.

You're friends, purely because there is no one else in this area to play with. Since you're growing up in the eighties, no one thinks anything of the four of you playing together in the streets, exploring the forest behind everyone's home or riding your bikes into the village square to get sodas.

Sleepovers are common - no one cares about the boys and girls mixing, most of you are too young for that anyhow. The only thing is, other parent's aren't fond of sending you to sleep over at Emily and Becky's, since their parents are divorced. This small town frowns on the act of a marriage breaking up, or a single mother. It happens though, there is more space for the group of you in their house. There is more room for sleeping, exploring and playing.

Since I have enough people to play with my husband, we should all take a vote on if you wanna play as kids or adults. If you chose adults, I can give you even more to go on for character creation.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » World of Darkness

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus