Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Er, Hello?

Hello! I talked to Minerva about getting a character started for her RP thing on here. To start with the character I made was just for this purpose, however, after looking at this site I suppose that could be amended. This certainly seems like a rather interesting find. I feel a bit out of my element at the moment, but I suppose once I got used to how things work around here it could be rather entertaining. I look forward to becoming an active member of this little corner of the internet.
Trowa Topic Starter

Actually the more I think about this whole thing the more comfortable I get with it. I used to love playing DnD with my friends. Now that I'm a truck driver I can't do that though. This should be the perfect fix for that. WOO!
Hi....welcome, and hope you like it here!
Minerva

Hey there, man. For a second I thought you were another friend I had invited, who was also a trucker! He, in fact, INTRODUCED me to Persona. You two must meet.

Welcome. You caught me at an odd time. I will be completely unavailable for the next week after tonight, and then we have no idea what availability if any we will have. I'm in the process of moving/dental repair/drama, you know. The usual. I'm expecting a month of "WTF IS GOING ON" before I'm back, and ready to get rolling. Of course, rolling involves getting everyone on the same page.

I see you followed my template as a base. The only fault I see is the actual use of Jack Frost as a persona. each main character is going to have one unique, new persona from a matching pantheon. I am, however, going to give everyone a little bit of a wildcard ability--within their own arcana type. So you could end up getting Jack Frost as an arcana shift. :) If you read my Shin Megami Tensei thread in RP Discussion, I suggested several different potential unique personas, I went middle-eastern, babylonian/etc type since 3 was greek, 4 was japanese, etc. Elsewise looks great.
Trowa Topic Starter

Ah! Was just a misunderstanding then. I should have figured it wouldn't be one of the creatable personas seeing as how on persona 3 the ones the other party members used weren't.... typical, per se? Feel free to enlighten me further on this and I will gladly make a more appropriate selection.

Also, I'm mildly surprised to hear I'm not the only truck driver you've spoken to concerning this. I may be looking at others of m ychosen profession in stereotypical manner, but this sorta of activity isn't normally associated with us. If he enjoys this type of acivity I would suspect we would get along nicely, and I'd be delighted to meet this person. Just moving to Texas myself, I believe this would beawesome to meet a like minded individual living in the area. Then again, we do tend to get around a bit, so I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath. Anywho, I tend to ramble, but this should be fun! Also, remind me to never do this from my phone again. It's horribly unwieldy and probably has resulted in lots of silly errors. Meh.
Minerva

He used to live in the town I'm moving away from. Now he's elsewhere in Texas. Not saying where since... it's not my business to talk about where other people live! Any way about it, I'm looking at babylonian/mesopotamian theme. Enki, Shamash, Enlil, Ishtar, and so on. I might even lean egyptian if it's easier for people to find it, but I like babyl/meso because nobody ever tries to mess with it!

http://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=2454 This thread will mention a few SUGGESTIONS I made about entities to pick, and connected arcana. They are not NECESSARY but are nice starting points for someone who's like "Uh, what's babylon?" =)
Minerva

Also it's very rare for me to be online like this and I will be absent for a few weeks. So, since you seem to be online right now, hit the launch chat function and maybe we can talk!
Minerva

Also, the suggestion I had made for Magician card was:

2 - Marduk – Magician, Emperor – “Calf of Utu”, “the young bull of the sun”. Patron of the city of Babylon. Connected to water, vegetation, judgment and magic. Identified with Jupiter. Ice magic, and in a final form (to be decided), Almighty damage. Anyone the character could be a good mentor and yet close friend to, someone he might even share traits with.

So, it's suggested as an ice type by nature. If that interests you, do some basic searches and see what else you can do to have fun with it and design something really special.
Trowa Topic Starter

No, it doesn't typically take this long to reply to something. Just figured it would be relevant to strike the conversation back up here. Not that I'm showing a lack of effort, but thinking about your suggestion I think going with that seems the best choice. I'm an ice sort of person. The cold and precise thing strikes a chord in me. I'm not really a cold person, but it reflects the way my mind tends to work.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Er, Hello?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus