Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Jack needs an icon!

Witness

Attention artist community: I am back to bother you once again. My character Jack has no profile picture, and that makes me sad. I don't wish to feel sad, so let's work together to make Jack's profile page a generally sadness-less place, shall we? I've got some general ideas in mind, but as anyone who was unfortunate enough to see my post on Lily's art contest thread probably knows already, my art skills are dangerously bad. Seriously, people, I think that my art could drain your sanity meter if this were Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Let me know if you're interested in taking me up on this offer, but as always I am an out-of-work college student so I won't be able to shell out a lot for this drawing.
Shall I help again? :3 I need something to occupy my time with.
Witness Topic Starter

Sure, CookieLurv, I'd be happy to let you help! :)

I'm not sure what the proper term is, but in essence I'd want Jack's head and his shoulders. I'll start looking around for source material and see if I can't find something close to what I had visualized for him.
Alight, you just let me know. I will be waiting with pencil and paper to draw what you wish of me. ^^
Witness Topic Starter

Ok, so this will probably be more than a little vague, but I'm going on 27 hours without sleep as I'm writing this so don't be afraid to ask for clarification. I'd like combine the pose shown in this picture of 1930s crooner Al Bowlly, as well as the hair and clothing, but I want to have a gaunter, more cynical face for Jack, sort of like the face of Aldo Trapani, pictured here (he's the guy on the right).

I'd like Jack to be looking at the viewer, but his body and head to still be in the same pose as the first picture. Also, if it's not too much trouble, could you make a rough draft for this picture? I've got a mental image of Jack and I'll probably want a few things changed or tweaked slightly.

For reference, Jack's hair is black, his eyes are dark grey, and he appears to be 31 years old, so he's a little younger than the guy in the second picture.
okay I will get to it as soon as I can. Havent been able to get on.
Witness Topic Starter

There's no rush, Cookielurv. I know that whatever the wait is for the picture, it's worth it :)
Okay so you do want it to be colored? And I will do the rough draft for you.
Witness Topic Starter

If it was colored that would be even better. I can get you a colored version of the Al Bowlly photograph, although it probably won't be the same size as the other one. Also, Jack's skintone is about the same as Aldo Trapani's but just a tad bit darker. His hair is jet black, and his eyes are dark grey, like the color of Trapani's suit.
No problem at all. I will get to it as soon as I can though. Just like you, I haven't sleep and running on fumes right now. lol
Witness Topic Starter

Huh, apparently finding a colored version of that picture that isn't smaller than 100x100 pixels is really, really hard. Here's an alternative though: if you go to this song and skip to about 1:10 in, there's a much bigger version of that picture. I'm sorry I couldn't find a less-convoluted manner, but a quick search revealed little in the way of colored versions of that picture. In any case, Jack's suit is brown, his tie is green and white; the green is in stripes going horizontally and vertically, while the white is in squares separated by the green lines.

Edit: just saw your post :P Yeah, I would say sleep first; the picture is just for fun! :D
Jack's rough raft is done! :D
Witness Topic Starter

Hooray! :D I'm available to take a look at it right now, and for a few more hours tonight. Last night's randomness with Phrost was past my usual bedtime and I'm a little sleepy t'day.
Alright :)
Witness Topic Starter

Forgot one little thing in the PM, could you make Jack's expression more of a sneer? He sneers a lot in character. Other than that and the couple of things in the PM, I'm totally set for coloring and the final draft! <g>

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Jack needs an icon!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus