Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » More detailed explanation of maturity tags

Sanne Moderator

Okay, so, I often find myself running into people who upload icons with bare breasts and nipples while having their profile tagged for sexuality. Or people who upload an image into their gallery, tag it as mature, but do not have their profile tagged for the appropriate subject matter. More often than not, users are unaware that an icon is not covered by the mature tag, and that artwork is only censored in notifications, not when viewing the actual profile itself.

Maybe it would be an idea to elaborate on the tags, or to redesign the tags to cover this. An elaboration of the features could go into the rules section, or be thrown into the FAQ.

If I remember correctly, there was talk about maybe allowing R rated icons to people who tagged the setting, but to display the default or monkey icon to unregistered guests or people who do not have the maturity content enabled. Is this still a viable option or has it been scrapped?

Similarly for uploaded mature artwork, there was also talk about perhaps making artwork on an untagged profile mature and displaying the monkey icon to those who have maturity disabled. This seems trickier though, because guests may not know what the monkey icon means. And we'd want to allow them to see it without having to sign up and enable maturity!

I personally am leaning towards a more thorough explanation for now. It seems to me that allowing adult icons and shielding tagged artwork is problematic for unregistered users, as it would be more difficult to allow them access while keeping them initially shielded from the content. Right now we have a single line drawn - no mature icons and no mature artwork without tagging the profile - which is easy for users and easy for us to moderate.

However, if there's an easy way to allow adult icons and adult artwork without tagging the entire profile in the future, I'd be in favor of that! I just don't want these features to become complicated (as I'm sure nobody does) and create more confusion about what is and isn't allowed. :)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » More detailed explanation of maturity tags

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus