Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Paying The Price~

Merrilee Titania (played anonymously)

Organna would endure as much as she could, until she felt that Merry was ready to cast her spell, "Heh, alright big guy, you wanna keep that axe so bad? Then have it!!" she says as she kicks him down and jumps clear, leaving the dominatrix and the Viking right in Merry's path.

Glitter and Moonlight would frantically move away as well, not wanting to get caught up in the attack, "GET CLEAR!!!" Glitter shouts through his feral telepathy.

All would become quiet as Merry's spell reaches its peak of strength, the Forest Elf becoming surrounded by a golden seal and engulfed in a blinding spiral of golden energy.

"With the Eighty Eight heavenly bodies..."

"Shining!... Toronto Metria!!!"

Merry shouts as her eyes fly open to release a glow comparable to that of the sun itself, the stars and planets visible in the bodies of Merry's spell converging and pummeling the assassins in a barrage of bone breaking blows that showered down on them one after the next in almost instantaneous succession.

By the time Merry's attack was finished and the spell played out in its entirety, the assassins would look like they had just faced a tornado head on and had been hit by every scrap of debris inside it. Down for the count was a heavy understatement. They were alive, if only barely, but they would certainly not be getting up on their own for a while. And even when they did have the strength to get up, there was no way they'd be in any shape to do any kind of work without a good long rest.

It would take several seconds before Merry came back from the exertion of this spell, but when she did, she'd close her eyes again as the golden glow faded from them and pinged the area with her earrings again. She'd instantly notice that Raven was worse for wears again and would scramble to get to her again, sensing that Raven was in dire need of healing again and setting to work on just that as quickly as she could, "I'm so sorry, Raven... Are you ok?... Here... Let me treat your wounds again..." she says apologetically, as though the damage Raven suffered from being too close to Will's attack on the Juggernaut was her fault. Raven could talk her down about it when she wasn't at risk of falling to pieces like a broken China doll.
Raven (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Raven would feel the eerie silence as she felt a magic unlike anything she had felt before. She would watch the planets that were once visible fly towards a certain target somewhere far off. She hadn't known what had happened, but she would remember to ask the others later. Though Raven's form would now take over their body completely, and the barrier should have been enough to heal Will of most if not all of his injuries. Though with that said, as the barrier dissipated, the black and the cracks on Raven's body would spread much more quickly than before, making up for lost time. Once the barrier was gone, she would collapse onto the ground, doing her best not to move. The only reason why she hand't turned to ash was because she hadn't touched the fire. She would shakily hold up her hand as she saw the cracks on it, and all over her body.

While laying on the ground, she would look with her eyes to see Merry rushing up to her, and Raven would do her best to give one of her cheeky smiles in an attempt of reassurance that she would be fine once healed. She lowered her arm back to the ground, making sure none of her movements were quick so as to not cause her body to crumble. Though she would be smiling at Merry.

"I-It's not your fault Merry...B-But for future reference...T-This is what happens to w-witches when we g-go near fire...I-I'm not dead because I-I didn't touch it...b-but still..."

She says glancing at Will, trying to check and make sure he was OK from what little she could do on the ground. She just sighs and closes her eyes, trying to maintain her composure and keep her body from shaking so much that it broke on it's own. She wasn't about to refuse help, and she would have to repay Merry later, but right now she was a cough or a breeze away from breaking. She would look at Will one more time, smiling even still.

"B-By the way...N-Nice move....just make sure I-I'm not near you next t-time...ok?"

She says half jokingly and half serious, trying to lighten the mood for everybody.
Will Stone (played anonymously)

Will continued his fire breathing attack for a good minute. If he hadn't had stopped when he did, Raven would've closed the barrier around them, the barrier filling up with fire and killing Raven for sure. But luckily Will stopped when he did. Then Merry's attack came, battering them down, shattering the glass holes in the Pyromaniac's mask before senting him falling down back into the hole. The viking tried to fight it, but eventually gave in and passed out. The bear, poor thing, after the onslaught from Glitter and Moonlight cause enough injury to it that the damage from merry's spell put the bear down. The dominatrix endured the most out of the assassins, watching the Juggernaut burn and crying out before passing out. The Juggernaut was the only one unaffected by Merry's spell, By the time the spell came around, The Juggernaut was reduced to ashes and swept away with the wind, the only thing left his the Juggernaut's warped metal face mask, glowing red hot.

When Merry ran over to heal to Raven, Will's strength gave out, Will laying back on he ground, breathing deeply and heavily. When Raven spoke, a bright red light surrounded Will. Once it disappeared, Will was now back to is originally from, his pants in tatters and his shirt gone except for one small shard of cloth. Will's coat was also torn a bit, but mend able, unlike his shirt and pants. Will's body was covered in gashes, cuts, and other injuries, as well as openings where bones were sticking out at one point or bones and joints visibly out of place. Will coughed, blood shooting out of his mouth and onto his chest, unable to hardly move or breath. Will laid still in a growing pool of his blood on the ground, staring into the dawn sky.
Audemar (played by Tucker_Dragon)

Audemar closed his eyes after his glace averted from Lwyncelyne and slowly fell into a state of mind where a memory laid in the back of his mind.

"Please, we'll take anything." a soft voice called out to an older soul.
The hardy man shook his head,

"I don't care, Boy. I will not waste my money on you."

"Audemar, my child," a woman called out to the kid and he ran to her, he hugged the woman as she said, "to humiliate yourself, you lose your pride.
Other, kinder, folk will pity us instead."

Audemar felt a heavy weight on his shoulders from the reminder of his life as a beggar.

Audemar placed one hand on Taff's neck and the other on his face. His hands started to glow and Taff felt the weight of injury lift from his body. Once he was healed fully, Audemar let go of Taff but not long after, he felt the pain he lifted from Taff stumbled to Lwyncelyne.

Audemar felt heavy and he couldn't tell what was going on. He felt empty as a chill ran on his skin, hoping something would rescue him from this familiar feeling.

The sorcerer weakly took whatever was saving him from the weight on his chest and drank it faster. As the juice slid down his throat, Audemar felt light again and could finally breathe. He gasped for air, "I suppose this is what I receive for using beyond a century of dark magic to even help those who suffer, die in peace."

Audemar coughed as he took another deep breath, "I just didn't want her to suffer." Another thought came to mind.

A young Audemar looked at his mother as he sat a few feet away, "I must find a way to help you, Mother." His mother shook her head weakly,

"I'm dying, Audemar, there is no hope for me." Tears began to run down the young boy's cheeks,

"No Mother, please don't say that."
Lilim (played anonymously)

Peridot would see the fighting come to a close and deemed the area safe again, though opting to take the villagers to a much safer landing place, I.E. Gaia's spring, to give them time and obstacle for something to be done about the destruction. It was his hope that someone in the team had access to a type of magic that could restore buildings to their best state.

Elesa would feel Haldors arm around her and hugged into Lilim while resting against Haldor, grateful for his compliance in letting her be closer to her adopted big sister, however reluctant as he was to give her that prize. Sound asleep as she was, Lilim would have no objections and simply moaned and cuddled into the comfort of Haldor's chest, hugging Elesa while she slept. Haldor would have had hell to pay all over again if Lilim found out that he had been mean to Elesa.

Merry saw Will go down as well and murred as she was able to see all of his injuries through her auric sight, "Stay with us, Will... I'm on my way." she says as she focuses on finishing healing Raven. When Raven goes to smirk and speak, Merry would gently put a finger over her lips and shush her, "Don't try to move or speak just yet, Raven... Your body is still really fragile, and the slightest wrong motion could prove more taxing than you'd hope." she warns as she slowly makes the cracked crystalline ash appearance of Raven's body heal and change back to its natural soft fleshy texture.

Glitter, Moonlight, and Pixel would come and join Merry with Raven and Will. Pixel getting an idea and fluttering over Raven to sprinkle some of her wishers wing dust over Raven, accelerating the healing effects of Merry's magic. Then she'd do the same as she makes several passes over Will, to which Glitter would channel his magic into a soft golden aura to wash his own power over Will, "By the will of Mother Gaia, with the combined magics of Fairy Dust and Unicorn Radiance, let your wounds be corrected and mended." Glitter chants as he acts to strengthen Wills natural healing.

Organna would walk back up to the mangled and defeated Viking and take the axe from him again, "Thanks for the gift, pal. You really know how to charm a Warrioress." she says with a smirk. She'd then carry the axe away and make her way back to Merry, awaiting her turn to recieve healing. Organna had several deep gashes in her back from the Dominatrix's blade tiped chain whip, but she didn't seem too pained and wasn't bleeding near as profusely as Will.

Merry would be finished healing Raven after almost a minute more. Then her attention was turned to healing Will and getting him at least back to a stable state. Bones... Muscles... Nerves... Veins... Organs... Merry would have to see to them all on Will as she heals him from the apparent brink of death for the second time in 3 days. She'd give Will all the attention he required and a bit more for safe measure, before moving to give some attention to Organna. The Orc Warrioress sporting her new Viking War Axe with a proud smirk.

Raven would stop talking altogether as Merry placed a finger over her lips, silencing her altogether. Raven would sigh, but comply and simply close her eyes as she tried not crying at the pain that soared all over her body. Though when Merry started healing her, she felt a giant wave of relief was over her, and let herself be wrapped up in the wave of healing. She would open her eyes slightly, only to notice Will lying on the ground unconscious as well. She wished she could help, but she was in no state to do much at the moment, and she had regretted that her barrier did nothing to heal him like she had originally intended.

She would feel something small trickling down from above her, and looked up to see Pixel dropping some kind of dust over her, causing the effects of Merry's healing to speed up. It would cause Raven to feel better, as she went back to closing her eyes, not wanting to see what he body must have looked like right now. Her body would slowly start closing the cracks on their own, starting at her feet and working its way up her body until all the cracks that ran up along her body were gone. Then there was the black, ashy color of her skin. Starting from her feet, her skin color would start going back to normal, and ran up her body until every inch of her was back to normal and she was healed.

She would open her eyes, looking down at her hand to see that she was essentially healed, before slowly sitting up, just in case. When she saw her body was no longer at risk of falling apart, she would pull Merry into a tight hug and smile, before she let go and watched her as she healed Will. She would remain seated and watch, waiting as she would essentially start healing Will. She would smile as she used her staff to pull herself to her feet, quite exhausted. When she looked up in the air and saw that Peridot had landed, before Raven nodded to herself and turned to the village, holding her hand up and closing her eyes. A black aura surrounded her entire body, as she started chanting quietly under her breath.

"magon hielm....zentara boluku...woviet..."

She would repeat this phrase over and over again as the same black aura surrounded all the buildings and rubble lying on the ground, and they would slowly start moving around, repairing themselves and essentially repairing themselves from the ground up. Though a task this big wouldn't come without consequences, and she would need to rest, just like everyone else. After a while, the buildings would be repaired to their former glory, and Raven would lower her hand, ending the spell as she looked at her handiwork. She would nod to herself, pleased with the repairs before walking off towards the steps to go to her mothers grave. When she got there, she would slowly ease herself to the ground and lean against the grave, knowing that everyone would be at the village sooner or later. Though right now, she would be lying on the soft patch of grass next to her mother's grave, as she let the rushing water slowly lull her to sleep, only to awaken when the sun went down.
Will Stone (played anonymously)

Will kept coughing up blood as Merry healed him. His insides weren't as bad as his outside, but still pretty bad. Once Merry had finished healing him of his wounds, Will turned over, vomiting out what he ate at the feast and blood, getting choked for a second. Once he was done throwing up his insides, Will tried to stand up, still weak from the blood loss. He manged to almost stand up straight, but fell back down into his pool of blood, covering his hair, left side of his body, and his coat and what remained of pants in blood and splashing a bit out. "Wheres......El..Esa?" Will struggled to say as he tried to stand up again, only to fall back down.

Merry frowned at Robin, having not stopped healing Will at all yet, "Robin... Please stay calm... I'm not yet done healing him in the first place... But yes, try to keep him from moving... This process is going to take long enough as it is... The more he moves, the longer it's going to take me... Organna, please help Robin keep Will from pushing himself... I'll stretch my healing to all of you." she says calmly.

Organna would answer Merry's request and knelt to help Robin support Will while Merry continued to see to him, "Take your time, Merry. You just used a lot of magic power already, if you go down we're dead in the water if we get attacked again." she says cautioningly.

Merry's expression would become more determined now that the sun was high enough and was unobscured, "I'll be fine. Mother Gaia and her surrounding stars give me the strength I need. My magic will not waiver!" she says as her magic power increases drastically with exposure to the light of the sun.

Organna would feel Merry's healing magic wash over her and her wounds would quickly be healed. Will's blood would begin to bubble up and hover with the presence of Merry's heightened magic power, and Merry would use this power to clean Will's spilt blood of any and all obscurities and imperfections, slowly feeding the clean blood back into Will's veins as she continued to heal his injuries.

It went without saying at this point, but Merry was always performing at her best while directly under the light of the sun. Merry's hair would once again be floating in the uplifting magic Merry exerted now, and Will would feel his pain melting away as his wounds faded and his body was given the attention it needed desperately.

(Um, at what point do we time skip to night??)

Raven would sleep sprawled out in the patch of grass next to her mother's grave, curled up into a fetal position while she hugged her staff in her sleep, a look of peace on her face. Though inside her mind was a different story. Raven, Mason, and Crow would be standing face to face with one another, talking intensely and deeply in conversation. So while her body may be at rest, her mind was just as busy as it usually was, what with three minds occupying the one body. It was actually quite exhausting, but it was something they had grown accustomed to. The three of them would be facing one another, deep in discussion, and only a person able to tap into Raven's sleeping form and enter her mind would be able to hear what they were saying.

"So help me god I'm going to murder Pentre when I find him.!!"

"Raven, your being to rash!"

"Is she though? Don't get me wrong, after everything we've been through Crow, I don't like fighting. Not anymore. But this man sent assassins on not just us, but all of our friends as well. And he needs to pay for what he did to both of us in the past..."

"How is it that your husband and I are on the same page? Crow, after what he did to you, what he forced you to do and what he forced you to give up, I would have thought you wanted him dead more than any of us!"

Says Raven, sitting down on the ground black expanse that served as a ground, crossing her legs and placing her head in her hand. Mason would move to hug Crow lovingly, only wanting what was best for her, though Crow would be tearing up as Mason tried comforting her.

"I do....I do want him dead, but were not the only ones...Besides, I think he can pay more for everything hes done while alive than he can dead. You know, a fate worse than death kind of thing..."

"He gave the assassins our weaknesses...He sent a pyromaniac after us for gods sake! You two surely saw what happened to me when Will used his fire attack on that behemoth! If one of us dies, then we all do! We have one body! We are one being! And he almost killed the three of us today! He's becoming sneakier and a massive threat to all of us! I say we get rid of him before he can do any more damage to us!"

"You know what the truth of it is? I'm sick of fighting...It has been a constant, non stop battle since before you were even born Raven...And I would like to have one peaceful moment before it all starts back up again...even if it's only for a minute...We never get those anymore....Which is why I don't want to start a witch hunt for Pentre...I agree he needs to be dealt with...but not right now..."
Lilim (played anonymously)

Unfortunately, the day was just beginning as it was barely drawing close to noon even with the assassin battle long since over.

Elesa would be dead tired as she finally climbs off of Peridot and stays with Haldor, "Thank you, Peridot!" she calls out gratefully. The bird would look to her and to Haldor, glaring at Haldor solely before enveloping himself in energy and reducing his mass slowly to the size of an eagle, the smaller form having much less strain on him as he turns his attention to the sky again and flies away with almost no further noise save the light flapping of his wings.

Elesa grew used to Peridot being the strong silent type, and even if he found aiding Elesa to be a chore, Peridot was very reliable. The child would welcome Haldor finally getting still, and she moved to cling to Lilim as she finally drifted off to sleep herself to sleep while she could.

Peridot had landed not far from where Raven chose to rest, so at least everyone knew where they were and that the area was safe. At least... For the moment. If no further incident occured, Elesa and Lilim both would sleep until the evening.
The Cosmic Family (played anonymously)

gl-69318-1472193456.jpg

Little Cosmie would giggle as she hears Lwyncelyne's prayer and slowly appears before her in ethereal form, holding the body of a child in a pure white fluffy kimono with her lower legs and feet bare, hovering so her chest was just level with Lwyncelyne's face, casting a happy smile toward her, "I'm afraid Sally is a bit busy at the moment, so Daddy couldn't send her. But maybe I can help? Heehee maybe I should introduce myself first? My name is Cosmie. I'm the Goddess of Dreams." the child says with a happy glow to her smile.

Audemar looked up to this child and said, "I didn't want my mother to die." He closed his eyes, "my younger self, ignorant to consequence, took magic that I did not know. I wanted to relieve her of illness but I was tricked. Instead of having a loving, healthy mother after she would have been healed, I had a dead woman in my arms."
The Cosmic Family (played anonymously)

Cosmie's smile fades into a worried gaze as she listens to Audemar's words and then to Lwyncelyne's request. The child would close her deep green eyes and shake her head slowly, causing her long white hair to flow behind her, "I'm sorry to say, but summoning a spirit back to this plain from the afterlife would be incredibly dangerous... I do have a place we can do that though. If you would both be willing to come with me." the child says with a renewed warm smile, changing herself out of her ghost form and into a form of flesh and blood. She'd extend her hands then and wait for Audemar and Lwyncelyne to take hold of them, seeming naive to the entire slave situation the two were under as she prepares to take them to her private garden.

Audemar needed closure so he took Cosmie's hand waiting for something, anything, to happen. He could finally see his mother again and confront her about all he has done.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Paying The Price~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus