Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Paying The Price~

Audemar (played by Tucker_Dragon)

Audemar felt a nervous feeling in his gut but wherever they were going, it was warm and inviting. He felt something surround him and let it take him.
The Cosmic Family (played anonymously)

Cosmie's energy was indeed warm and pure, and she'd surround Audemar in it and close her eyes with another smile, "Transcend the confides of Time and Space... Take us back to my peaceful place." Cosmie chants as her body and Audemar's were surrounded by a bright light, only for them both to vanish from Mercia Palace altogether and reappear in a vast open field of flowers and green grass, with a lone tree standing powerful and proud overlooking all of the surrounding area. In the branches of this tree and all around its base were scattered dozens and dozens of fresh, crisp, bright red apples.

Cosmie would giggle and release Audemar's hand, giving a playful backflip and spin as she moves to fly around the tree and seat herself among its nurturing boughs, "If your mother's soul has yet to be reincarnated, then she can meet with you here. This is a peaceful place between Life and Death, where good and freshly clensed spirits are brought to make their final atonement for the sins of their past, and for those that wish to return to the living world to await a new body for them to inhabit as their own. If it is truely your wish to find your mother, then I'll allow you to use my powers while you're here. Simply call your mothers name, if she is amung the dwellers of the afterlife, she'll hear you and come before you." Cosmie explains happily, looking down at Audemar as the only other witness in the area.

He looked to Cosmie, "I need to see Adelaide." Audemar felt light in this place, as if he had no weight at all and his gaze caught a woman who must have been in her early thirties. Her sweet smile sat below her curved nose and beautiful blue eyes. The woman's brown hair blew in the gentle breeze as she reached her arms out to Audemar. The grown man ran to this woman and fell to his knees before her, "I'm sorry, Mother, I'm sorry for everything I've done-" The woman's voice echoed as she spoke,

"Oh, child of mine, I know you did what you thought was best but you knew little of consequence and took something you knew nothing of. The punishment you receive, what you believe is punishment, was something you could've decided for yourself." Audemar was tearing now and looked up to Adelaide with tears running down his cheeks, something that hasn't happened for a long time.

"You are right, Mother," he said, "I had a choice and I chose selfishly. I walked the land over one hundred years and did nothing but use my power to end lives of those who I thought suffered."

"You can't change anything you've done, Audemar," Adelaide knelt to him, "but you can decide what the right thing to do will be." Adelaide gently put her hand on her son's cheek and said, "I will always be with you."

Cosmie would remain on her perch and gently kick her feet as she watched over Audemar and his mother with a soft smile, giving them all the time they needed to have their moment.

The man looked to his mother and listened to her once more before her spirit faded, "Let your heart lead you and trust in me." After the the last word echoed, Adelaide's spirit faded away and left the sorcerer on his knees.
Raven (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The three of them would stop talking amongst themselves as they heard the frantic voice of Matthew sounding off around them. The three of them would look at one another and nod, agreeing that they would continue this conversation later. Meanwhile, Raven would slowly stir from her unpeaceful slumber and blinked in the sunlight. She would place a hand over her eyes as she stared up at the 4 of them, before sitting up and nodding.

"Y-Yeah...I'm ok....just exhausted..."

She says before noticing the concerned look on Jimmy's face. She would smile at him to reassure him, before opening her arms out towards him and inviting him into a hug. Once he accepted her offer, she would hold him close as she stared up at the three of them, waiting for them to take a seat before leaning against the trunk of a nearby tree, speaking with them honestly and keeping them up to date with what had just happened.

"Pentre sent assassins after us to try and kill us..."

"And we nearly got burned to death because of it..."

"That wasn't Will's fault...Raven was standing to close to them."

"I was knocked over onto the ground from the blast of the wind...hardly my fault Mason..."

She says looking to the three of them, sighing in relief at the sight of the three of them being ok. She had hoped that this would hopefully open their eyes as to how horrible Pentre was. Though Raven was grateful that they weren't having to hold another funeral so soon. Though with her emotions running as high as they were with everything that had just happened, she needed to decompress and relax, for fear of becoming to stressed mentally would cause her to take on her demonic form if she reached her breaking point.
Lilim (played anonymously)

((I protest, Tusitala. Raven used her magic to fix the village before she laid down to rest.))

Lilim cooperated well enough as she was laid in the hay, but poor Elesa would flinch sharply and whimper as Haldor moves. Excruciatingly light sleeper as she was, she was completely unable to sleep while on the move, and she was still so tired. The child would cry weakly as she clings to Lilim, only for Lilim to moan and murr something in her sleep, bringing her arms around Elesa and hugging her close. Lilims action seemed to do the trick, as Elesa would at the very least stop crying, but while the cart was kept in motion, Elesa would be unable to sleep dispite how tired she was.

Audemar felt happy all though his face didn't show it. He finally be relieved of the guilt he had because Audemar never asked anyone to forgive him but his own mother. The man whispered in a quiet voice, "I love you, Mother."
Will Stone (played anonymously)

Will, who was drifted between being awake and unconscious as Merry healed him. He didn't try to get up, not match for Robin and Organna keeping him from doing so, or at least straining himself. His wounds slowly healed, causing him to throw up one more time before getting enough strength to stand up without falling, still using Robin for support. His eyes started to change colors, slowly fading to orange and back to his regular color as he looked at Robin. "Think we can have that Council now?" Will asked, the question being to both Robin and Merry, and Gaia if she was around.

It was true, he was very weak. He would probably have trouble lifting even his sword, but he still had the strength to grip someone's neck good. So once Robin said he should've left the collar on, Will grabbed the back of his neck and gave it a bit of a squeeze. "If you talk about putting the collar on me or even try to, You'll know what it's like to fly without wings or magic." Will told Robin as a warning not to collar him ever again.

"And I've continued on through worse Robin, you know this better than anyone." Will also told him.

Will couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the teasing, slapping him in the back of the head before falling over, landing back in the pool of blood and vomit. Will sighed and slowly stood himself up. "What I need right now is a bath, unless it's okay to have a council covered in blood." Will said, still using Robin and Organna for support.
Merrilee Titania (played anonymously)

Merry was still a long way from finished healing Will, though the presence of the sun made her work a lot easier to do. As the cart was brought around, Merry would follow Robin and Organna as they got Will up onto the cart and made to rest in the hay. Merry would stay right with Will and continued healing him, though she'd frown to Robin as he spoke again of the collars, "I'll beat Will to that one. Pull out one of those collars around me, Robin, and I'll give you a pinch of my own... The same pinch that put that bad mouthing disease on his back earlier last night." she says as she refers to Pentre and the full body electrocution that saw him counting sheep in crispy skin.

Organna would snerk and giggle quietly to that, "Oh, c'mon, guys. Give Robin some slack. He's been good to us so far and it's clear he's only talking out of concern. It's clear he's got a lot of heart for his general... Though I have to wonder... Is there any room in that heart for one more?" Organna asks curiously, giving Robin a hinting wink.

Pixel would be riding on Glitter as he and Moonlight followed close to the cart as well, making the group of them a proper convoy. Moonlight would ruffle her mane and give a whiney grunt of her own as though to ask if what she was listening to was for real.

Pixel would roll her eyes and stay quiet for now, looking forward to Lilim being awake again as Elesa's whimpering and panicing was about to drive her developing maternal instincts into overdrive. She was starting to get curious exactly which was really stronger... Fairy Wish magic... Or the curse of a Dark Goddess, because Pixel was about to try her hand at breaking Lilim's Nocturnal curse.

Will didn't refuse the sponge bath, not having the strength to fully cleanse himself. Although, It did feel awkard for Robin to give him one, when every other time he got a sponge bath from someone it was from one person, who was a woman. But once Robin was done and was putting his clothes away, Will grabbed the sponge and his jacket, carefully washing the blood off it before seeing the outfit Robin Brought him. Seeing as how he had no choice, he picked one and started putting it on. Ryan wasn't one for wearing fancy suits and robes, unless for special occasions, but he did look good in the outfit Robin provided.

Raven would look up to Matthew, and slowly coax Jimmy off of her lap before taking his hand, gasping as he yanked her to her feet. She would wobble a bit as she leaned on her staff for support, watching and walking with them as they gathered Lilim, Elesa, and Will in the cart. She had to admit that she was exhausted and wanted to sleep. Her body and her mind were both working on overtime, and given the presence of three spirits in her body, the feeling of exhaustion would hit her triple fold. She would struggle to stay awake as she listened to them talk about moving on, and just nodded as she leaned on her staff.

"I agree that it isn't safe, but that's because all of us are here...once we leave, you should be safe and should be able to return. I don't like the thought of you being driven out of your home again, especially since Mother is buried here....I'd like to do what I can to help make this secure, but I need to rest..."

She says as her eyes travel to Will. She would be hesitant around him for awhile, given what he nearly did to her, but Mason wanted to talk to him eagerly. Though Robin would whisk him away before he even had the chance, and Raven would look at him longingly in Mason's stead. She would shake her head and sigh, before turning to Martha, Thomas, and Matthew. She would lean against a nearby tree as she tried remaining awake, wanting to help them as much as she could, before speaking to them.

"Is there anything I can do to help you guys make this place secure??"

Raven looks at Martha wide eyed, before watching her walk away with Jimmy sadly. She couldn't help the tears forming in her eyes as she felt that she had made another enemy. Though Crow wouldn't be so composed, as Raven's eyes went black once again and Crow could be heard. Crow was absolutely livid, and she would have beaten Martha to a pulp for that had she been in control of their body....she should count her blessings that she wasn't. Crow would be talking to Raven and herself as she stared off into the distance.

"The nerve of that woman! After everything you've been through, who the hell is SHE to judge you?!

"Crow, please....being angry won't help anything..."

"I just can't believe that after everything you've done to try and help them, she would still show you such blatant disrespect...it makes my blood boil..."

Raven lets out a long and heavy sigh, as she can't stop the tears forming in her eyes. She turns to Matthew and Thomas, before pulling them both into a hug as she shook. She knew they were trying to make her feel better, but it wouldn't do much. Emotionally, she needed a lot of time to heal, but she would do what she could to remain calm as she cried into the both of them.

"You're wrong...When I leave, I will look into this marriage with Prince Merthyr...and if we love one another, and he would take me as his wife, then you guys will never have to worry about anything ever again...for now, this may be all I can do to help you...but I can't make any promises...."

She says, letting go of them and wiping her eyes before continuing.

"The rest of my friends and I will head off when night falls towards Mercia to retrieve the Prince...I understand if you guys never want to talk to me again...I wouldn't want to even look at me right now either..."

She says sitting down at the base of the tree. She would watch and see what they had to say, almost ready for them to lash out at her like Martha had already done, and she would just close her eyes as she waited for them to yell at her.

"That tears it!!!"

Organna roars as Martha gets done running her mouth, grabing her axe and starting after the woman.

Merry would gasp and grab for Organna's waist, trying to stop her with a hug, "Organna, please don't... I'm begging you leave her be." the elf pleads to the orc, only for Organna to gently pry Merry off her and stand her back in the cart, "Let me go, Merry... I have to do this... half of our group is indesposed and I refuse to let everyone be talked down to like this... I promise I'm not going to hurt her... But I'm dang sure going to scare the sense back into her..." Organna growls before taking off again.

Organna would charge up to Martha and grab her by the throat, not squeezing hard but just enough to back her into a tree, pinning her there until she said what she needed to say.

"Do you know what we would have had to do if we were answering to that wretched weakling of a maggot you're standing up for?!! At this point if you wanted to beg his forgiveness you'd have to kill Raven, Little Elesa, and all of the rest of us and present our heads to him on seperate steaks!!! And even that would not satisfy your so called Lord Knight... That monster would not be satisfied unless you killed your own son with your favorite cooking knife and were screaming with grief!! DO YOU WANT TO KILL YOUR SON, MARTHA?!! DO YOU?!!"

Organna roars right into Martha's face, showering her with rageful saliva before throwing her to the dirt and glaring at her with a ferosity that said if Martha dared to draw breath Organna would kill her then and there. Aiming the axe at her, "If you DARE raise a hand to Merry or any that she has healed and put her blessing and protection upon... I will strike you down before you can feel the fear of it coming..." Organna growls seriously before lowering the axe and moving back toward Merry and the others, her gaze softening only when her eye contact was broken from Martha.

Merry would look to Organna as she came back, but Organna would cast her vision to Will, "Next we see that maggot... His head is mine. And yours along with him if you stand in my way." Organna growls again, moving off to walk in the tall grass alone for a while. Organna was thoroughly miffed, and justifiably out for blood at present.

Cosmie would jump from her perch and fly slowly down to Audemar, "I can feel it. Your heart and mind are more at peace now, Audemar. Stand... Dry your eyes... And remember what was said here today... And..." Cosmie says as she holds out a couple of bright red apples to him, "Never forget that you have friends in high places. Such as here in the Light. Come, Audemar... Let's get you back to Lwyncelyne. She may well need your help." Cosmie says before flying into his chest for a warm hug.

The child would hold him close for several seconds before whispering her chant, "Transcend the confides of Time and Space... Return us now, to that palace place." she says before Audemar finds himself engulfed in light again, returned to the same place in which he had been standing when he first left with Cosmie, but as well, Cosmie would be nowhere to be seen. The only trace of her that remained was the pair of apples in Audemar's hands.

Elesa would flinch as Organna roars so close to the (stationary?) cart. She had been close to asleep again and Organna just woke her up again, once again Elesa would commence shaking like a leaf, screaming, and crying as Organna had scared her before doing what she set out to do.

Elesa's screaming and crying would change to a softer whimpering as she was brought to Haldor and held, craddled and rocked and petted, slowly even the soft whimpering she was doing faded and she'd cling to Haldor, hugging him tenderly as she again grew quiet.

She'd nestle into him and peeked out slightly, unable to see what was going on so she'd trust that all was getting better again and she began to breath slowly and calmly, drifting back to sleep as soon as Haldor grew still again. Elesa would remember this and would tell Lilim later, surely netting Haldor more plus points with her.

Organna would feel the changes happening to her body, growling as her form was forced into petrification, more and more rage filling her as she felt her skin changing to stone. She'd grasp her war axe tighter, fighting against the spell and for several seconds it appeared Organna was about to beat it.

In the end the childs spell would take full effect, though the stone would shatter instead of thaw, and Organna would grunt as she was dropped onto her back from almost 7 feet on the air, a child orcess once again and with hands too small to hold her axe, "What the?! Hey!! Who's the wise guy with the death wish?!" the now child orc calls out from amung the tall grass, though the grass was over her head and Organna could not be seen.

Pixel had Organna's back though, as she waited for the human child's spell to play out, "Organna, grab your Pemdas from the rubble, you're naked!!" Pixel calls out quickly, causing Organna to stop and look at herself, squeeking before she could be heard digging through the rocks for her loin cloth top and midriff wrap.

"What was done
Now undo...
Return thee to thyn form
That's true.
"

Pixel chants while hidden in the safety of the grass, returning Organna to her normal self, though the now blushing Orcess remains hidden in the tall grass.

Merry would drop to her knees in front of Jimmy and grabs him in a warm hug, "Please stop... Child, listen to me... Please... I promise, if you stop your onslaught now, I will ensure that no one will hurt your family... Please... I swear to you as a Priestess of Mother Gaia... I will protect your mother with my own life... Please don't attack Organna anymore..." Merry pleads to the child, keeping him hugged close so he couldn't aim the scepter or get any more magic passed her. And if Jimmy listened, he'd hear Merry crying and feel her shaking. She was ready for peace to resume. The group had been through enough in the Elf Priestess's mind, and she wanted all the hostility to stop while they could.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Paying The Price~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus