Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Beyond the Shadows~

--Ri'astrad-- (played anonymously)

Somewhere in a forest, just below a tree's great trunk.

There exists a rabbit hole.

"...Chuu?" A pair of fluffy purple ears protrudes out of the entrance.

What could it be?

"Chuu..." The creature slowly stretches its head to the outside, unveiling its grotesque, unheard, unknown fo---

---It is a dog! No wait, a small... human... dog... A small man dog. With a relatively oversize head.

Well isn't this interesting? What is the Hound of Ulster, Cú Chulainn, doing here? More importantly, why was he under that hole?

"Chuu!"

Well, never mind. Guess it would take a while for us to find out.

But for now, Chu has left his nest to explore this wonderful, magical world!

Ambrose Acheron wrote:
((morning!!))

(Morning o3o)

Ambrose Acheron wrote:
((gotta bump this up...T-T))

(Don't mind me, I'm not stalking this place.

At all o3o)
Ambrose Acheron (played anonymously) Topic Starter

(Tus, are you still interested in this??)
Lancelot listened into the conversation quietly

"No matter what worlds we travel, no matter the times we live to see, there will always be a struggle between good and evil, between right and wrong, outside of us and within. We should strive to help and bring happiness and comfort to others, as much as possible, wherever we may be" shrugged Lancelot disregarding the questioning looks

"Ahh.. here we are..." invited Lancelot approaching and entering the building

Lancelot advanced further forward into the crowded room until he reached such location to let his master have the better seats, raising his hand to signal any passing waiter that they were ready place the orders right away.
Morgan halted a serving girl and came over, himself, looking on baffled and raised a light chuckle

"Hah.... of all the people in the city, fancy seeing you here at my broth... tavern..." rectified Morgan correcting the classification out of respect, still amused to find Lancelot enter his establishment.

"Look, sir Lancelot, I am not sure what brought you here, but I have not openly broken any laws as of late.... yet... and my taxes are up to date too, what can possibly bring the most righteous of men to the most wrongful and sleazy of places?" quizzed Morgan trying to figure out Lancelot

"I am but another customer sir..." trailed off Lancelot with a polite smile

"Come now, you would have me believe that?" quizzed Morgan raising a quizzical look, "you're a walking treasure trove of virtues whilst here we harbour and harvest vices and sins of every kind..." noted Morgan not about to deny that much to be true

"For such an honorable guest, I must know the reason for your attendance... did you get shunned by a foolish maiden? lost a battle or perhaps a friend? did you come to drown sorrows then?" asked Morgan seeing Lancelot keep silent and shake his head in negation

"Is it drunkenness that you seek, gambling for gold perhaps, picking a fight to soothe your wrath or the need for easy girls to quench less than honest desires?" asked Morgan wondering if the greatest of men had finally given up and fallen like the rest of them into a life of stupor and pleasures

"Nay... I am accompanying my liege and his distinguished guests to quench their thirst with your finest alcoholic bevarages, all said and done, you have a reputation for having the best brews and ales and meads as well" smiled Lancelot

"Ahhh... I see... that is true indeed." accepted Morgan eyeing the companions "Very well... follow me" nodded Morgan satisfied, looking at Ambrose with a mischievous smile

"Take good care of this one... be sure to use your charms" prompted and urged Morgan more keen to see if the righteous man would fall into wrongdoing than to find out what he ordered to eat or drink. He had to admit, Ambrose was pretty good looking for anyone's standards, perhaps temptation would make the knight cave in after all, when mingled with enough wines and ales, immediately coming over to the table of regulards to place bets as to which serving girl or lad the knight would be inclined for
Lancelot cringed as he overheard the unusual nature of Morgan's bet and stakes but held his peace, not one to tell the owner what to do at his establishment. He had to admit to himself the bounty was outrageously high and noticeable which placed all eyes upon Lancelot's every gesture making him all the more tense.

No sooner Morgan had left the table, Lancelot smiled warmly at Inai, giving his attention back to the group. "Apologies, my liege, I was not expecting such a warm reception" excused Lancelot being mindful to keep impeccable manners.

He waved the hand invitingly for Inai and Arun-ja to take a seat too, doing his earnest to ignore the obvious stares he was getting, patiently waiting for a waiter or other to come over.
Aynor had placed his demands upon the king, crown and realm and, seeing that Conrad was much too reluctant to comply, he walked away from the castle to let the royal have a good thought about it all.

Aynor was clearly annoyed for he had expected to be allowed to live at the castle, in Merthyr's quarters, with the prince serving him hand on foot, privately and openly too.

Obviously, such demands caused great irritation and dismay upon Conrad who ordered the bandit cast out of the royal palace altogether for the blatant disrespect.

"Fine if I cannot stay, neither can your beloved son... my slave" spat Aynor. He turned from the throne room, whistling for Merthyr to follow him like a common dog. "Come on, princey, clearly we're not welcomed here so we'll find shelter elsewhere" muttered Aynor
Merthyr stood up and readied to follow Aynor, the body following of its own accord. Conrad did his earnest to order his son stopped from leaving, arrested if needed be, but Merthyr's greater fighting skill caused the guards to be disarmed quickly at the prince's hands, forcing the king to stand and watch Merthyr follow Aynor like a pup would follow its master until they were both out of sight.

Once outside, Aynor made his way to the lower end tavern deciding to stay at the most sleazy establishment, Morgan's own, for it was of the lowest reputation which would hurt the king's pride and the cheapest and most affordable one too.Who knows, with his gambling skills he could even earn enough out of the fools there to have free lodging all in all.

After a long walk, Aynor entered the building locating himself at the far corner with the regulars, some of whome were slavers, others assassins, his guild of thieves often hanged there too and it was good to keep them all happy with merry making.

Merthyr frowned and scowled reluctant to enter such house of disrepute but one word from Aynor "walk" caused him to enter the place and take a seat among the thugs, as if one more in the crowd. His eyes trailed around the room, taking in the surroundings, the low lighting and smoke was rather suffocating for the stench of tobbacco was not something he was accustomed to. He noticed the mismatched furniture that contrasted with the impeccable royal palace furnishings. Here it was all assorted, some repaired and patched, others, like the couch, left stained to the point it was hard to tell its true colour, and that was until his eyes set on Ambrose.

At that point he no longer took head of the conversations around him, and gazed at the beauty that happened to work there, clearly, his father wished her harmed and tarnished to send her to such a place full of drunken scoundrels and that alone infuriated Merthyr no end. What an appauling treatment for visiting royalty after all... He would have to talk to his father and make him reconsider at all costs, no matter the cost.

He sat patiently, waiting to be served, gazing at the other clientelle which caused him to swallow hard. Clearly the riff raff of society all piled there, convicts and thugs of every low walk of life congregated under this one roof, merry making in their way.

His face lighting up into a warm smile to see Lancelot there. Unusual if shocking to see the knight at such particular establishment but he could only count his blessings that his safety was almost assured with the best warrior at hand, or so he thought.
Arun-Ja (played by Arcol)

Arun-Ja smelled the air. "Ugh," he groaned, "Just like the Nightgate Inn back in Skyrim. I was hoping for more of a Rosy Lion-type establishment." He sat down, ordering a Red Wine and a plate of Salmon to go with it.

After walking back from the kitchen, she had nearly run into Morgan, before giving him a glare. She raised an eyebrow, curious as to who he was talking about, before she would peek past his shoulders and look at Lancelot, Arun-ja, and Inai. She sighed heavily as she looked around, noticing that almost everyone in the tavern was staring at them, and listening to them as they placed their bets on whether or not he would pick a fight, or request the company of a lady. She had started to wonder if that was the reason Morgan picked her to take care of them. She had already had so many men grab at her and whistle at her that she was nearly at her wits end. Though none the less, she walks up to their table, placing a hand on her hip as she stared between the three of them.

"Fancy seeing you here. I have to question what it is you've done that makes everyone here stare at you and wanting to know you're every move...Though that's none of my business I suppose....Just know if you don't tip well I'll drain you when you sleep.....Now, what can I get you all??"

She says, obviously not happy. She stares at the three of them, waiting for them to place their order, unaware that Aynor and Merthyr had walked. Though she would get to them eventually. She would go to them after taking care of Lancelot, and she would surely be surprised to see him there, and furious when she say Aynor. She would do her best to restrain herself when she did, but for the moment she was waiting on Lancelot and the other three to place their orders, staring amongst the three of them.

Traversing the plains, crossing rivers, little Cú Chulainn found himself amazed and his mouth agape at the scenery of this pseudo-medieval fantasy world. It was somewhat reminiscient to him, tiny bits of good old Éirinn slowly returned to his eyes. The green rolling hillsides, the bright blue skies that left their imprint upon the surface of rivers and streams... He sniffed: The scent of grass inflating his nostrils made him want to stay, to linger. But how? He was here for a purpose, or at least; seeking the purpose that he wasn't given. He wasn't supposed to be here either, for he was Cú Chulainn - the proud Hound of Ulster, the Savage Hound of Culann, the Greatest Hero of Ireland.

But, most important of all, he doesn't belong to this place.

"Chuu..."

---That's right, Cú Chulainn. You wish to spill blood upon this beautiful world. You wish to battle, and fight, and kill, and wage war. You save the world by doing so. In every era, in every planet, the human world will always remain a bloody place.

"Chuu."

He set out once more, speeding through the landscape.

A few hours later,

"Chuuu..." Cú Chulainn encountered a wild flesh-devouring boar during his trip. The beast had devoured many, many unfortunate travelers who lost their way, and ended up finding their way into its guts. It didn't seem very hungry as of now, having just finished its latest meal. But an extra meal is an extra meal. A mad beast that lacks the capability to differ between men and heroes.

It attacked him.

That proved to be its fatal mistake. The last one it could possibly make.

Cú Chulainn, using his bare hands, stopped the creature in its supposedly unstoppable charge, giving him an Irish Heracles vibe. The divine heritage he earned from his true father, Lugh, the god with shining face who had many talents, started to kick off as he pushed back the beast with none but his own might. He proceeded to lift it off the ground and slammed its body against the harsh, cold ground once the peak had been reached.

Snap.

Its neck was broken, twisted into two separate pieces.

The little hero moved on.

"To my knowledge, my lady," Arun-Ja answered, "It is possibly because I am a race not from this world. I'll have a goblet of Red Wine and a platter of Salmon, if you would be so kind." He leaned in to whisper, "You cannot siphon the blood from another creature of the night, my lady." He then sat back down. "Nonetheless," he replied, "I'll tip you all the same."
Those who travel acr (played by Thekaleidoscope)

Before they walked into the room Inai decided to try and dissuade Lancelot of some seeming illusions about his intentions with travelling. "I don't fight for good or evil, both are simply a distraction to me. While I hold no love or loyalty to the darker forces of this world, fight for good is not something I will involve myself in. It tends to bog you down, hold you in one place and inevitably leads to doing the same task over and over again. I simply want to travel, see the wonders of the world and the strongest warriors I can. Nothing else."

Flexing his wooden limb almost menacingly, the young warrior stalked into the room. The initial impression of the place doing a flip from bad to brilliant as he got a good look at the room inside. Throwing his arms wide he gave a small whoop before pulling up a seat, swinging his feet up and onto the table, as relaxed inside this place as one could possibly be. He had frequented so many establishments of a similar nature that this one brought with it a sense of familiarity.

As it was when Ambrose arrived he hardly even looked at her, only glancing up when giving his order. When his gaze fell on her, whether it be to her relief or annoyance, there was no sense of lust or desire. That look was saved for a group of assassins a few tables over whom he had taken a fancy to. "I'll take whatever's the strongest you've got, oh and I can pay, but I won't tip, don't have the money for that."
Robin, Rufus, Haldor and Glendale finally arrived at the tavern after securing the sale or ransom of slaves for a good price at that, coming to spend some of the winnings in food and drinks and some entertainment.

"Honney... I'm home" announced Robin addressing Morgan in a jesting and teasing tone as he always did when entering the well known establishment where it felt just like home. It was, after all, the preferred meet up place for Aynor and all those that laboured under his banner or alongside him.

Rufus marched forward towards the hearth surprised to see their usual table now occupied by Inai and having to take up the adjacent one instead. It wasn't the fact that it was taken what caused him a raised eyebrow, rather seeing Sir Lancelot right there, at arm's length, sitting calmly in the most prominent table with all his impeccable manners and his imposing armour and even a sword to call his own, which made the murderous thug rather weary. He certainly did not expect the hand of the king to attend such dubious establishment as was this one but he took a seat and waved a waiter to bring drinks.

Haldor, the hopeless gambler, did not even notice the tables yet, always walking straight to the worktop, getting a strong flavoured mead, his favourite, and approached the table of regulars asking for the best going rates and bets as he sipped his drink.

"One thousand gold pieces!" gasped Haldor surprised that Morgan would offer such outrageous high sum when the normal going rate offered were ten to thirty gold pieces at most. He sipped the drink to listen to the terms of the bet chuckling

"Him? Sir Lancelot? drinking, gambling, wenching here? that'll be the day! Well played Morgan you almost had us all fooled" complimented Haldor turning to the regular gamblers yet again

"Better you order a pillow or two and make yourselves comfortable. The money is safe isn't going to leave Morgan's hands. No way that knight will do the least wrongdoing never mind lower himself to debauchery, our outrageous living standards" chuckled Haldor now feeling the men had been conned though they all had placed minor bets among themselves in favour and against the knight doing or not doing tasks, betting on the number of drinks he would have, whether he would gamble or not, if it would be the cards or the daggers, if he would fight or not, if there would be any arrests after all. The knight's unusual presence certainly creating a vibe of merrymaking and cheerful if excited atmosphere that encouraged further drinking and expectant looks.

These customers kept staring at Inai and the knight like a hawk eyes the prey, making Lancelot all the more uncomfortable at the unexpected, unwanted attentions.

Merthyr on the other hand sighed in relief at seeing Lancelot there, the best knight of the realm certainly gave him a sense of comfort and security among this highly uncomfortable surroundings and companions that differed much too much in moral conduct to even be acceptable.

"Ahhh I see you brought the royal pooch!" noticed Glendale patting Aynor's shoulder amiccably "...we shall have some fun at his expense then..." smirked Glendale, ruffling Merthyr's hair teasingly making him wince and cringe in disgust.

Now that Inai had placed his order, Lancelot looked at Ambrose. "My lady, if were at all possible, I would have a goblet of water. Shall I assist you with the order?" quizzed Lancelot not at all comfortable to be served by a queen, in a tavern of such low reputation of all places, so offering to help out.

"Pay up he does talk to women in the taverns after all..." shouted out Marcus watching Haldor take ten silver pieces and toss them over unhappily, the comment causing Lancelot to sit down and be still with pursed lips, letting Ambrose do her work without his interference.

Robin was far more bold coming over to Inai seeing as he had saved the man's life back at the forest after all. "Hey, my friend, can't you not get him into some debauchery? You know... gambling, drinking and the like ? stakes are high tonight, would be a shame to miss the opportunity of fleecing Morgan" prompted Robin leaving it to Inai to either accept or refuse to assist in the cause

Lancelot tried his best to ignore the petition, waiting till Robin had left to collect the drink that had just been delivered, before resuming talks "Well... you seem quite passionate about travelling and adventure for sure, one cannot fault such eagerness to see and explore" granted Lancelot, his eyes trailing towards Merthyr and keeping watch on the prince from time to time, to ensure nothing untoward would happen.

Ambrose would write down Arun-Ja's order, before staring at him sternly as he leaned in to whisper to her. She stared at him for a moment, taking a long inhale through the nose and nodded, leaning back towards him and whispering in his ear as well, her eyes glowing bright red.

"With all due respect, who said I was talking about you? I could smell it on you the first time we met."

She says, before turning to Inai. She glares at him, absolutely sick and tired of his attitude. Had they not been in a public place, she would have punched him and sent him flying, putting him in his place. But the collar and the publicity of it all kept her from doing so as she wrote down what he wanted. She would speak to him through grumbles however, whether she heard him or not of no concern to her.

"I didn't expect any more from you....you really are a selfish bastard, not to mention a coward...I guess I can add cheapskate to the list..."

She says before looking to Lancelot. She would look at the direction he stared off into, her eyes widening to see Merthyr. She didn't know if she should be relieved or worried. She could only assume she was wrong about the king. He really wasn't willing to do anything, even if it meant his son harm. She nodded and wrote it down, before looking at him in the eyes again.

"Thank you...I won't stop you from helping me, but the manager here will have my ass if I don't do this...literally....He's already smacked me in the rear once already, and I'm about at my wits end..the next fellow to smack me in the rear is getting whats coming to him....*sigh* your the customer though, so if you wish to help then so be it. I appreciate it. Your friends here should look to you as an example..."

She says, trying her best to give him a compliment despite the circumstances. She would go to the cook and rip off the paper, handing it to him before moving to take care of the next customers. She would make her way to Aynor's, Glendale's, Haldor's, Robin's, and Rufus's table, and scowl at the lot of them. She would take a deep breath before letting it out slowly, doing her best to maintain her composure. Haldor had put his hands on her once already, and if he tried it again...well....

"What do you lot want..."

Losing interest in his group rather quickly Inai snuck away to join the assassins he'd been eying up before. Within minutes he was attempting to seduce one of the members there. Finding the youngest member of the group: a male around the age of 20 to be the most attractive.

Inai bolted upright as if suddenly possessed by an invisible creature. That assumption was at least half right, he was in fact possessed by a sudden thought which had come to him. This one had been running around his head for a few hours now, ever since first meeting the vampire. Now he was going to put it into action, she constantly appeared to hold herself in a much higher regard than the others around it, added to the fact she appeared to be royalty and he had a burning desire to fight her.

Yelling across the bar he issued forth his challenge, smiling as he did so. "Vampire I challenge you to single combat! You sound a worthy enough opponent to face in the field of combat, what say you?"

His wooden arm twisted as he spoke, blending the individual fingers together into a single giant spike. A smaller reverse blade forming out of the elbow joint, completing its transformation from replacement arm to vicious weapon.

"Do you ever just relax," Arun-Ja groaned, "Issuing challenges this way and that like it doesn't even matter? And what do you mean, Vampire? I'm assured that none here are of that heritage, much less the one you challenge. If you mean myself, even as I am not vampire, I'll gladly defend my honor with sorcery. But attacking a waitress," He said, covering her true identity from the other patrons, "is dishonorable at best, I believe. Much less in a public place where ruffians and swords-for-hire band together to defend what they believe is correct. Challenge me, if you dare, but the powers of Azura and Meridia shall be cast upon you, and the creatures of Oblivion shall rend your flesh. But you will lay no finger upon an innocent maiden, so long as I breathe the air around us."

(Forget I posted that, nvm. This is what I get for trying to read posts at 3 in the morning)

(he did. He's trying to keep the fact that she's a vampire hidden from everyone else in the tavern)

Ambrose practically whirled around on her heel to stare Inai in the eyes, and she was doing her best to maintain her composure, to little or no avail. Everyone in the room would go quiet and watch the exchange between the two of them, and Ambrose would just smirk at Inai. She would crack her knuckles, personally accepting the challenge. There was just one problem...

"Normally, I would accept and put you in your place. However, currently due to this collar I'm forced to work for the owner of this establishment, and I would wish it that I don't get in murdered by him if I were to win. So if you truly wish to fight me, then take it up with the owner, and tell him to come to me with his permission and his word that should I win, he won't have me killed over it. I want this written down on paper to. I don't trust the word of many...."

She says, looking back to the group in the mean time, ready to take their order. Though she would rather just kill them all and get it over with, but if she did then she would never get the silver collar off, and that was something she couldn't afford at the moment. So she would glare at the three of them until they placed their order.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Beyond the Shadows~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus