Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Silly Pets

My bearded dragon is shedding immensely, and while I know I can't help him, it's so amusing and hard to watch him struggle. However, it's funny to watch him dragging along his bedding to try and get rid of it. He also tends to puff himself up to try and loosen it, which looks all together ridiculous.

And my cats, being as dorky as they are, watch and copy his movements. When he puffs up, their fur puffs up. When he drags around, they drag around.

Parhaps this can be a thread about the odd things our pets do?";
Minerva

My cat argues with me. Seriously. You can tell he's trying to fully articulate sentences with his variety of different meowls, yeowls, and chirps among other things, and he seems honestly convinced he's talking, and we can essentially hold a conversation that ends up with him begrudgingly accepting that he's not allowed to ________.
Guilder Topic Starter

My kitties do the same, though my smaller one still has a kitten meow, so every time he does it he sounds like a toddler having a temper tantrum.

As for my Beardie, he enjoys puffing up whenever I play Skyrim and Alduin shows up.
Sanne Moderator

I don't even know anymore what's silly or weird with my cats that's not super standard for cats in general. Does having a deaf cat who insits I walk him on a leash on the sidewalk count? XD
Guilder Topic Starter

Awwww! I take my cats out once a week on leashes and watch them roll around like idiots. It's a treat if they're good.
Seeri

I don't own the kitty that lives with me, but she is one of the funniest kitties I've ever seen! For no reason at all sometimes, she'll poke her tongue out, and just continue letting it hang there for a little while. She also has a habit of slipping off of whatever ledge she chooses to perch on, and makes it a point to break into the bathroom while I'm showering no matter what I barricade it with! XD
Guilder Topic Starter

For some strange reason my cats HAVE to be in the bathroom when I go in to pee. It's awkward, and rather unnerving. My cat does somersaults off the arm of my couch to fall into my lap. My other cat just looks at him like he's challenged. It's so adorable x3.

My cat makes the tongue face in his sleep, too X3.
Seeri

Yes! The same thing goes for the kitty I live with. I can't go into the bathroom for any reason; she must follow and intently stare at what I'm doing. But, if brought into the bathroom for a bath of her own, oh no!

She used to make the tongue face when she slept as a kitten, too, but now she'll do it randomly if she's cleaning herself and becomes lazy. XD

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Silly Pets

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus