Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » School

TheLily

So, on top of everything else stressing me out, I have recently done very badly on two assignments in math and I have a midterm tomorrow.

Just to put it into light, there are approximately 32% of the final grade I could have earned already. I have gotten approx. 21%. this means, in order to pass, I need to get 29% more of what is left.

So long as I get 50% on both of the next two in class assignments (4% of the total); 40% on the two upcoming midterms (8% of the total) and 50% on the final (20% of the total) I will finish this class at 53%.

Why can't I be marked on something like that?! It took me less than 5 minutes to reason out how to find the percentage of each of these things, and yet I can't memorize a formula to save my life (or future in schooling as it were!)

Anyone else got a class that's required and driving them batty?
TheLily Topic Starter

So, on top of everything else stressing me out, I have recently done very badly on two assignments in math and I have a midterm tomorrow.

Just to put it into light, there are approximately 32% of the final grade I could have earned already. I have gotten approx. 21%. this means, in order to pass, I need to get 29% more of what is left.

So long as I get 50% on both of the next two in class assignments (4% of the total); 40% on the two upcoming midterms (8% of the total) and 50% on the final (20% of the total) I will finish this class at 53%.

Why can't I be marked on something like that?! It took me less than 5 minutes to reason out how to find the percentage of each of these things, and yet I can't memorize a formula to save my life (or future in schooling as it were!)

Anyone else got a class that's required and driving them batty?
I have Math Thinking. Now THAT is a crazy class. I hate it so much xD I can never understand what he's asking of us, he never gives a straight answer OR description. So I'll be like 'so wait, is this thing this?' because he never tells us xD
TheLily Topic Starter

My math proff doesn't speak English as his first (or even second!) language, so it's hard to understand him a lot of the time and he goes off on random tangents during class. He's twice asked the only Arabic looking girl in the class if she speaks Arabic to ask her if she understands what he means when he says something. Both times she's been almost offended because shes not Arabic in the slightest, and even if she was, she's third generation Canadian.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » School

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus