Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Creating and developing characters - new group

Hi everyone! :)

I've created a new group focused on helping people create and develop their characters -
Character Creation Mini RPs.

Sometimes, it's difficult to build a well-rounded character. So why not RP insignificant and minor things to figure out what they're like or get a better feel of them? For instance, how does a superpowerful assassin character go about buying bread, and what do they do if the shop assistant is rude to them?

I thought it might be fun to provide the option of trying it out with a "Game Master" - someone who would provide all the information about the environment and NPCs and their responses to the player character, so that the player can meet challenges they wouldn't think of by themselves.

Or, short one-on-one RPs with other players can be used, of course. There are forums there for both.

Either way, if you want to do some short 1x1 or group RPs focused on characterization, or if you think roleplaying the environment for someone could be fun, please consider joining :)
This sounds as a very neat idea actually.
I'm relatively new to RP'ng on this website, but as your own preferences state, you prefer direct, real time, one on one roleplays.

I'd love to develop a rather strange character in rather unstrange settings.
Sanguin, being a bit of a dangerous being of sorts, also needs to go out and have a regular meal, find housing/an appartment, or any temporary place to stay and call 'home'.
Even attempts at making friends, or social interaction without weirding herself and others out.

I also wouldn't mind playing NPCs from time to time myself.

Be hopping into the group soon then!
Greets, Lara
Alecia Topic Starter

Hi Lara,

Thanks! :) I find it hard to describe a character before they've interacted with someone. At the same time, I'd love to learn to play NPCs and environments.

Anyway, I think it wold be fun to do short RPs to find out more about our characters, so I'll be looking forward to you joining and then we can try playing, if you like. I think playing the environment and various NPCs for Sanguin, or even having him interact with one of my (incomplete) characters (that I play anonymously) could be fun! :)

Greetings,
Alecia

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Creating and developing characters - new group

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus