Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Art Trades?

TheLily

So, I've been doing free drawings for my friends and slowly improving. (Slooooooooooooowly)

the thing is, that I don't feel any pressure from that, so I get lazy and either don't finish or I don't end up doing that well, because they'll forgive me.

What I need is a kick in the pants. Trading would be awesome because then I'm not working for a friend and it's like being paid. I'm hoping to get some good examples up for a commission sheet.

I am a student, so this can take anywhere from overnight to two weeks. Please keep that in mind. I'm taking four classes, but one of them is kicking my butt (introduction to Philosophy) and one of my classes requires out of class time to do extra work that is required.

Without further ado:

enna_by_mishigu-d5rs1et.jpg (Limeface's Beautiful Enna)
ember_by_mishigu-d5r8d54.jpg (My own character Ember)

Mostly I'll be doing traditional work. If you really want digital, it might be a bit longer. My hands shake a lot and I probably press ctrl-Z 1000+ times for a drawing that takes two hours. I'm not even joking. The drawing I have there as an example was something that I half-traced over. It still took forever.

(Also, I can't draw hands and feet yet. I'm working on it. I have a sketch book devoted completely to hands and feet)

I have a lot of different tools to colour at my disposal, such as markers, crayons, paint, even several ball point pens. In case you're wondering, painting or ballpoint pens are my favourite way to go.

So, anyhow, show me your work and we'll see if we can't get something going.";
TheLily Topic Starter

I have some more examples:

miles_berkson_by_mishigu-d5s1sq5.jpg This is StrangeDisease's Miles Berkson, and I got REALLY lazy with the crayon. I promise if you're not my BFF, I'll try harder for you. It's also a good example of what to expect if you ask for a male drawing.

art_trade_by_mishigu-d5s0s6r.jpg This is a character that I don't know well, Malon from the Legend of Zelda (I know, there goes all my gamer-girl cred, eh?) It's a mix of pen, pencil, paint and felt. It took... a long time. It even has a fancy background. Look at that!
TheLily Topic Starter

untitled_by_mishigu-d5vveyz.jpg This one was done for Strangedisease of her character Momochi. It's done with watercolour pencil crayons.

Mature warning

pippa_by_mishigu-d5sa327.jpg A picture of my character Pippa

sally_squid_by_mishigu-d5q4i83.jpg My character Sally Squid. This is all done with melted wax crayon it took a number of hours to complete and was incredibly hard - so beware if you request this one.

Feel free to press any of the images to see the deviantart page of it.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Art Trades?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus