Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Saving Drafts?

Skrifa

Not sure if this is already posted somewhere, and I'm a lazy person, so I didn't search for this...so sorry if this is already a topic!

I haven't seen anything for 'saving drafts' of posts/PMs...if this isn't a thing, I think this might be great. I know that we as writers sometimes struggle with getting the full idea down with one sitting, or have to get up and go somewhere while in the middle of writing, meaning leaving what we have behind. But there's no way to save your train of thought. Sometimes extended periods of idleness can cause a page to reload, and you have to write all over again...

Anywho, is there a possibility we can get a 'Save draft' button when writing a PM or response to a thread?
Rogue-Scribe

I've stepped on that mine a few times here, including in the RP of ours. I usually try and write in Word, but sometimes tou think you will be quick and you aren't because a distraction comes up, etc.

Save drafts functions are nice but I found I tended not to use them on a site I was on. The admin said the drafts would get saved and never used and had several thousands sitting idle.
Anyway... my 2¢
So the easy solution to that problem is to have them time out after so long automatically - say, two weeks, to conserve hosting space and save money.

I think it would be a great idea, implemented properly. I have to use my phone for all my RPR stuff right now and random refreshes and so forth have really shafted me more times than I'm either willing or going to admit!

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Saving Drafts?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus