Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Fae bound prince (open)

Corninth gardener (played anonymously)

So I’m going to be upfront about a few things first.

1. I have never DM’ed before this.

2. I’ve only been a part of one DnD campaign that I never finished due to scheduling issues.

3. I’m going to be a bit looser with the rules due to this.

With all that out of the way, here’s a basic set up for the plot.

—————————————————

Not too long ago there was a king, a young king, true and fair in his workings who was said to have the blood of a dragon.Thus he was blessed with youth eternal, along with fire like red hair that carried the shades of the flame, and eyes of molten gold. Yet, as dazzling as his appearance was. He took no princess for a bride.

Rather he wedded himself to a librarian from a small village far away. With her, he bore two sons of different kinds. The eldest was Balor, that boy of cunning wit and determination that was willing to step on anyone to get what he wanted.
The other a boy who is known only as “the missing prince”. For he was taken from his bed as a babe by the fae to their own realm.

Balor grew to hate magic, for he saw only the atrocities that had been caused by it. So often he would get into argue, and many suffered due to their quarreling.
The prince was crafty, and though he cared for his father, he had his own pursuits. For though the king was fair, he was not good with money and often spent frivolously. Debt was a constant in the realm and often drew the ire of the lords. So Balor gathered them, and as smart as he is, he played on this.

Soon enough a civil war erupted and the king and queen were dead in their beds. Balor soon took power in Muspel, and set out to fulfill his ambitions.
The only hope of the realm is for a brave group of adventurers to travel to the realm of the fae and retrieve the lost prince. Or magic will fade from the world forever.

It’s basic and not very well thought out but there you go.
Rules:

1. 3+ paragraphs (though I prefer quality over quantity)

2. Respect that we all have busy lives and can’t post as often as we’d like to.

3. I’m going to allow everyone to play any race, not just the ones in the DnD manuals (feel free to make up your own, get nice and descriptive in creation).

4. I’m going to need character sheets, pretty thorough ones because without specifics I tend to mess things up along the way.

5. Be patient with me, this is my first time doing this.

6. Were only going to be using the 20 sided die until I have a better understanding of everything.

7. No OOC drama please.

8. Just have some fun ok? We’re all just here to have fun in the end.
Charlotte Evergrande (played by Lumaslily)

In a town surrounded by sands, there was a little theatre where the townsfolk gathered every night to drink the night away. Tonight was busy as usual, the theatre seats were packed with all sorts of people with varying backgrounds. A young girl peaked her head behind the theatre curtains her brows furrowed, eyes wide and her hands shaking.

This was the last night before her and her crew of entertainers was leaving town and venturing back into the desert wasteland to travel to their next destination. If this performance goes well then maybe they might get some extra coin to buy supplies for their next trip.

Before the girl closed the curtains a hand was suddenly pressed on her shoulder making her give out a startled scream. "Hey, hey, hey... it's only me Charlotte! Sheesh, your sweating like a pig!"

"Y-Yuna! You could at least let me know when you are behind me! Oh, gods your hand...I am so sorry." Charlotte apologetically pulled out her handkerchief to wipe her friends sweat covered hand.

"I-I am just a little on edge, it is our last night, y' know?" I don't want to mess up for us and be the cause of us not getting paid..." Charlotte continued furiously rubbing her friend's hand while her own hands were still trembling. Yuna placed a free hand over Charlotte's squeezing it slightly to stop the shaking.

"Relax, just do your part and focus on dancing! You're not the only part of our performance! If your dancing doesn't dazzle them then we still have out the magic act to knock 'em off their feet." Yuna smiled and puffed out her chest while pulling out a wand from her sleeve that illuminated a blue glow from the wooden tip.

Charlotte dropped her shoulders in response to her friend's advice, "that wasn't as comforting as I had hoped."

Yuna continued to smile as she slipped her wand into her pocket and placed her hands on Charlotte's shoulders directing her to the front stage. "Break a leg!" Yuna cheered as the booming sound of the announcer begun the introduction to the first act.

"W-wait it is my act all ready!? But I did not-" Charlotte was immediately interrupted when she realized the announcer was about to call her name.

"Ladies and gentlemen! I welcome you today to witness the awesomeness of the Bizare Wonders! They have traveled a great distance to our little town and would like to give us a dazzling introduction. Behind these curtains is their one and only blushing beauty! May I present you, Charlotte Wells!"

The curtains rose as Charlotte hurriedly got into position and waited for the music to play. The sounds of cheering, clapping and whistles from men filled her ears. Charlotte closed her eyes so she wouldn't have look at the audiences uncomfortable stare. She took a deep breath to calm herself, but it didn't stop her face from reddening. But now wasn't the time to be shy, she had to do her best and that's what she was going to do.

((Do I post here???))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Fae bound prince (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus