Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Welcome to Purgatory ((Closed!)) (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Jamice Dragonsbane (played by Doctor_Dredd)

So, I had this idea for a RP involving my character Jamice, dying, and going to Purgatory. In Purgatory, he meets some sort of Divine character (Angel, demon, or perhaps just a mysterious being, your character) who will set him free back into life, on one special condition. He has to do whatever he is told to do by the person who brought him back, no questions asked. 18+ Stylings are a possibility and encouraged, males preferred.
This sounds interesting. Might I ask, but what is the Purgatory? I've never heard of it before.
I can easily make a male character that would work with this, I can roleplay about any personality, even one totally not my own.
What do you have in mind for the rp? Besides Jamice being brought back to life. I mean, there has to be more to it, something deeper that you have in mind.
Jamice Dragonsbane (played by Doctor_Dredd) Topic Starter

Purgatory is a divine place from Dante's Divine Comedy. It's the space between the Inferno and the Paradisio. {Purgatorio being the Italian translation of Purgatory} Purgatory is basically just a void. An empty, semi-dangerous land. As for the direction of the RP, well, it would most likely involve a lot of negative interaction between Jamice and the person who brings him back due to the fact that he/she techincally has ownership over his soul.
In some branches of Christianity it's also where you go if it hasn't decided whether you are going to heaven or hell yet. In Supernatural it is where monsters go when they die or whatever. So no matter where your take is, it's the middle grounds of heaven and hell infested with demons. Did I get all that right Jamice?

I believe so. Some beliefs also state that unborn babies, fallen angels and risen demons can be in Purgatory, as well as those who aren't Christians but at the same time have not sinned.
Thank you both, I was a bit confused. ^^;
This idea sounds interesting, but I mean, besides the feelings towards the one who brings Jamice back to life and Jamice to each other, I want to know what you really have in mind. What will happen after Jamice is alive again? That is what needs to be thought of.
Sorry if I sound rude, not trying to. I like to plot things out before I jump in. Very interesting idea, but your leaving pretty much everything up to the other person which some people need help thinking of ideas.

I was thinking we could develop it as we go, but I suppose Jamice could be attempting to live life as normal, but to find out that there is a lot different in the seemingly short time he's been dead. Let it construct from there.
Well, that does give me a idea there. It could be that, even though Jamice doesn't feel like he has been dead long, it could be years and he well have to be reborn because his body is already too rotted away to every be used again. The body will look the same as always, the the 'owner' could be the one helping him through his new life and protecting him for a reason he didn't know. I'll leave it up to you if you want Jamice to still have his memories of his previous life or not. After Jamice can live on his own again with no problem, the 'owner' will want to cause trouble for him just so he can stay by Jamice's side and prove that Jamice needs the 'owner' more than he knows.

Well, as a Nephilim, his body doesn't break down normally. It crystallizes. I was thinking that his "owner", like you said, could help him through decrystallizing his body to live normally again, and form an attachment and whatnot.
I see, that all could work. While, all this time, the 'owner' and Jamice could become close, and, even though Jamice dislikes him, they grow to care for each other.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Wonderful! Is there anything you want the 'owner' to have, personality and physically wise? I just want to make sure. I might just edit one of my male characters, the major of them are on my Other Male Characters slot.

Well, it would be interesting if he was a little cold, and physically appearing to be ageless. Like a vampire, but immortal without unusual needs or weaknesses.
I see. Well, give me a bit of time to make him. I have some RPs to answer too real quick.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Welcome to Purgatory ((Closed!)) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus