Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Character Content Services

Ben Moderator

EDIT: All the spots are filled! However, if you're interested, PLEASE REPLY. If I get enough interested players, I will be doing this again!

Okay so. Here's the deal. I want to write and edit character content, and I also want to give back to the community.

So, why don't I write or edit character content for you? I know, I know. "Ben, that's the dumbest idea ever, everyone on here writes character content for themselves, why would they want you to do it?"

Because it's a lot easier to write about something else than about your own work. Making the things inside your head make sense to other people is a very difficult thing to achieve. So, here's the thing:

I'm a published author. (link contains strong language)

I'm also a freelance copy writer.

And on top of all that I'm a produced playwright and theatre professional.

The short of it is: I know a lot about creating compelling characters, and I know a lot about the craft of writing. And I want to help you make your characters read to others as awesome as they are in your head. And the best part? I'm not asking you for any money with this round of commissions. I just want to practice my craft.

I will write backstories based on given information, edit existing content, develop engaging biographical content for your character sites... Even develop characters from scratch, or basic concepts. Or if you want, I'll just sit down with you and guide you through some professional character development and writing techniques I've picked up along the way, to help you flesh out new characters or rework old ones.

Right now I'm offering this service to five lucky members of RPR on a first come first serve basis.

1. Smile
2. Achimedeus
3. Margit
4. Nis'Tianes
5. Naln

I also have a question. In principle, is this something you might consider paying for?
Smile (played anonymously)

I believe Smile might benefit from your skills! Sign me up.
Ben Topic Starter Moderator

Thanks! Consider yourself signed up.

Slots are moving fast ;) get yours quick!
Achimedeus (played by illantis)

How are you with non-fiction? It's more difficult for me to write about than non-fiction, so if you could look over/add to Achimedeus' profile it'd be great :)

Hmmm. That would definitely be a challenge, I would need to do rather a lot of research. I'll put you in the slot and see what I can do. I'll need to ask a lot of questions about your goals for the character, and how historically accurate you want to be.

Awesome. You'll be a great help.

I hope so! I will send you a message when I've finished my work with Smile, ok?

Sure thing :)
Margit Ingesson (played anonymously)

Oh, I'm never sure how to get things out of my head! Me, please?

In principle, yes. Unless I'm broke, which I am now, I'm willing to pay for all sorts of things ;)

Margit! You write SO much about your characters! Lmao. But sure if you really think you need it.

LOL. That's just because I don't know what other people will find important, so I say as much as I'm able to just to be sure. I don't need help working on characters and their backstories, rather I'd love to learn how to create engaging profiles once I have so much information about my characters that it's important to consider what exactly to present on the character page.

Can do! You're third on the list, so it may be a little while before I contact you about it :) A few days I expect.

No problem :) Thanks very much! :D
Nis'Tianes (played anonymously)

I would love this!

Consider yourself signed up :)

Last slot, people! Get it while it's open.
Naln (played anonymously)

I have a character who I wanted to tinker with but am never quite sure how to change in a lot of ways. Would you like to help me with that? :)

I would definitely pay for this kind of service! Not sure how much, I suppose it depends on what's all being changed!

Done and done!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Character Content Services

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus