Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Need a hand

Well guys. I seem to be in a bit of a song writing mode. I figured some of you liked how the one song I did came out that I would try another one. But I ran into one minor problem. I can't seem to think of a one syllable word for Archer. If I did that then I could make some progress on it as I've already got most of the song calculated in my head. I'm not gonna give you guys any details as to what songs beat I'm using this time but I will say this much. It's another country song and it's been on CMT's top 20 countdown alot lately so if you wanna try and guess what I'm thinking, there's a good place to start. And to narrow it down, last I seen it, it was in the top 5. Any guesses are welcome. But my priority here is a one syllable word for archer. Thanks guys.
Only thing I can think of is "Sag" (pronounced 'sadge', rhymes with badge - short for Sagittarius, zodiac sign of the archer) ... but that's a bit of a stretch.

Good luck!
Ilmarinen Moderator

OH OH OH YOU CAN USE SYNECDOCHE! Just call him a "bow." Kinda like how spear-wielding soldiers were just called "spears."

(Sorry, I just love synecdoche. It is like, the least-loved literary tool. Other than maybe that one thing that's like alliteration but for vowels.)
Hurricane_Lance Topic Starter

Muttster wrote:
Only thing I can think of is "Sag" (pronounced 'sadge', rhymes with badge - short for Sagittarius, zodiac sign of the archer) ... but that's a bit of a stretch.

Good luck!

The centaur archer. How did I not think of that?! That's my own danged zodiac sign too. Bah. That's what I get for thinking up song lyrics when I'm half asleep. Thanks. I'll start putting the song to paper when I get off of work.
You could use "Hood" too, a reference to Robin Hood?

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Need a hand

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus