Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Pets scared of 1 half of the kitchen?

e_e (played anonymously)

I had to ask, is this normal? I had a cat and a dog a few years back and half of the kitchen they didnt dare go near even if there food and water was in it. This (blind) dog would creep up take a piece of food and back up. They never go anywhere near this part of the kitchen, even though it was blind it was scared of that kitchen along with the normal cat.

They where okay with being in the kitchen on the other side, so I know it cant be the floor. Anyway, I thought this was rather odd for them. A few years passed and both them passed. I got another dog a few months later, and to my surprise for some reason this dog has the same fear the other animals before him did. He wont go near this side of the kitchen, I even pushed my dog over to it and he ends up shaking and trys to get away as soon as possible.

All thats over there is a closed door, a oven on the left and a counter top on the right. We hardly use the oven at all so I know it cant be that, so what are these animals afraid of?

Its very odd, is there something wrong with half my kitchen that these animals are sensing? Anyone have any idea whats going on?
Sanne Moderator

There could be a strong scent they dislike there. Are there any electrical outlets there that may cause high electromagnetic fields? Those tend to cause a sense of 'being watched' and other paranoid feelings in humans, and can be a reason pets avoid the area.

I wouldn't assume it to be something paranormal though. Rather there's a perfectly logical reason for their refusal to go there, it just might not be immediately obvious.
e_e (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
There could be a strong scent they dislike there. Are there any electrical outlets there that may cause high electromagnetic fields? Those tend to cause a sense of 'being watched' and other paranoid feelings in humans, and can be a reason pets avoid the area.

I wouldn't assume it to be something paranormal though. Rather there's a perfectly logical reason for their refusal to go there, it just might not be immediately obvious.

Well I really doubt this scent would last years. Also ehh no, there are more electrical outlets in the rest of the house then there. I honestly dont know at this point. All I know is that its somehow effecting the new dog, and I cant figure out why.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Pets scared of 1 half of the kitchen?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus