Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Sci-Fi RP? (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

The plot of this RP is pretty straightforward. In the Vesren System, a remote star-system pretty far from the major trading corridors, there is a rift in space/time. Beyond this rift is a planet designated Vesethren and on the planet Vesetheren is a xeno-archaeologist's paradise. The entire planet is littered with the ruins and artefacts of a long-gone civilisation, possibly from the precursor civilisation known as the Realta Siuili that ruled the entire galaxy for 1.8 million years, vanishing over 1.2 million years ago, resulting in a long history of strife and war in the galaxy. After all of this time and upheaval knowledge of this ancient race and their near god-like technologies is all but lost.

The planet was discovered 208 years ago and for decades the greatest minds of the galaxy pored over the ruins... until a long-dormant defensive system was activated and everyone on the planet and in orbit was slaughtered, their ships and stations destroyed.

All attempts to deactivate or destroy the planet's defences failed and a 16 light-year exclusion zone was put in place around the Vesren system, the blockade held for decades until the eccentric xeno-archaeological professor Kritriaa managed to slip a blockade runner past the Vesren sensor net and enter the Rift.

It has been 136 years since the professor breached the blockade and he was long assumed killed along with the crew of his ship... but an automated Ael'Maeri probe has detected strange energy readings from Vesethren and evidence of activity on the surface. The suggestion that the professor and his crew survived and that they and their descendants are making use of the ancient artefacts has revived interest in the world.

A mixed crew, predominantly military but also scientists and academics, has been put together. Their task is to go to the planet and ascertain the source of the activity and to verify the deactivation of the Vesethren Defence Network.

The dangers on Vesethren are the dangers of aeons past. Who knows what has found refuge here over the ages? It could be that Vesethren holds the key to unlocking the wonders of the precursors and establishing a truly united galaxy once again… or it could be the hiding place of the horrors that will bring all of galactic civilisation crashing down in fire and terror.

(I do, in fact have a timeline of the 1.2 million years since the fall of the Realta Siuili and ideas on what the expedition might uncover, in addition to the fate of the professor’s expedition… for instance, there were three Galactic Dark Ages, and two of them were caused by devastating alien weapons…)
Deirdre (played by beefy)

Howww very interestiiinnnggg e w e kekeke
Ezekel Voraine (played anonymously)

I really dig the plot! I'd love to be part of it.
Wow, I really like this one!
Terel Topic Starter

Great. This is the first time I'll have done an RP like this, so I hope it'll turn out well.

I'll probably use either my pilot character Wren Tain or my xeno-anthropologist character Tara Ilendi for this. Tara is a non-combatant, but her skills might come in handy with things like translation, alien artefacts and stuff like that.

Wren can fight, but she's much more comfortable sitting in the pilot seat of whatever craft she can get her hands on, and she can fly pretty much anything, though with alien tech it'll take her a while to figure out the systems.

The RP will start with our arrival on the surface near a building with actve energy signatures, the idea being that we've got o find out why the ruins have started activating again and see if we can find any survivors from the professor's expedition.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Sci-Fi RP? (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus