Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Image size limit on profiles

EdtheNeko

What is the image size limit on a profile info box? I want to know what is the max size a image can be without it being shrunken down.

Anyone know whats the max size?
Kim Site Admin

If you're talking about using BBCode to place it into the text widget, the max-size is 95% of whatever the available space is for the template it's being viewed in.
EdtheNeko Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
If you're talking about using BBCode to place it into the text widget, the max-size is 95% of whatever the available space is for the template it's being viewed in.

...and that means? ._. I'm sorry you lost me after BBcode...All I tired to do was put a image into my user profile, just to notice is shrunk the image too small to even see.

So is there no official limit or is it just me that has this problem?
Kim Site Admin

It means that whatever space you try to put an image, it will shrink to slightly smaller than the space available to it, instead of breaking the page and spilling out of its container. In the context of a user profile, that usually means about 430px of space. In the context of a character profile, the width varies widely depending on the template in use.
EdtheNeko Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
In the context of a user profile, that usually means about 430px of space..

So dealing with X and Y in image size, whats the limit before it shrinks at all? Ive been trying to find the max size without it shrinking, but unable to find it yet
Kim Site Admin

On your user profile, 400px wide. It won't really care what the height is.

You are on: Forums » Help » Image size limit on profiles

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus