Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » A gift from a stranger (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

a doll without a fac (played anonymously)

RP idea:

The doll came to you in the mail from a someone you've never met. The messily written note on the inside of the package read: 'I fear I may not be around much longer and do not wish my fate to befall my loved ones and so I am sending this to you. You were selected because you live a long way away and do not wish this thing to find its way back here. It is your problem now.' The doll inside was small and made of a light colored cloth. The toy is genderless without hair or a face.

---

I'm looking for one to four people for this RP. The doll is alive after a fashion and can be violent if it feels it is being mistreated by its owner or because it can not understand why its behavior is unacceptable. I don't know if RP this will work out since the doll can't talk. It is uncertain if it can if given a mouth. The doll is child-like and there are bound to be miscommunications between it and its owner.

I'm looking for a short term RP for this character and for it to be passed from one owner to the next over time. This doll while not 'adult' in nature is not suitable for children of any age though teenagers are an exception. This don't mean you couldn't give the doll to a child but doing so would make you a really horrible person.

To help things more smoothly I'd like a short RP sample so I can see if your style meshes well with my own or not. Send it via PM please
I find it interesting, can my character Kerberos join into? I don't know if you may want a demon in the group or not.
a doll without a fac (played anonymously) Topic Starter

I don't have a problem with it, he can join in. Two others have already asked to join in so I asked them each for a RP sample so once I hear from them I'll start a thread for the RP. If that doesn't work out I'll do one on ones with everyone in order of who asked first.

So far players are:

1. Akari

2. Kerberos

3. Brinly Gray

4. Empty slot

If for some reason the group RP doesn't work out I'm willing to do one on ones with whoever is first on the list on down one by one if they still want to RP by that point. Hopefully the group will work out.

Questions about the RP can be pm'd to me or asked in this thread.
Brinly Gray (played anonymously)

I sent an "I'm interested!" If it helps. Looks very cool!

I didn't see this post until just now, I'm sorry, haha!

Saturday afternoon(tomorrow) I'll see if we someone to fill the last slot or not. We may only have the three of you and me. Afterwards I'll make a thread in the general section unless there is a better place to RP at that we all can use. This site is PG-13 and we will have to abide by that to RP here. I doubt that will be a problem.

I will pick one of you to have the doll first once we get started and take things from there. I'd like this to be a short RP and it is not very serious and the plot is very basic - Doll is passed from person to person like Jumanji, but less tolerant of being buried for decades and a bit more mobile.

Okay looks like it's just your three and me. I'll make a new thread later today in general RP when I have more time and pick one of you to start out with the doll and we'll go from there.

Quick reminder:

'The doll can not be destroyed. Burn it? It will be a bit sooty but still be intact. Tear it up? It will find a way to patch itself back together. Falls do not hurt it. Dismemberment does not stop it. The limbs will remain animated when unattached from the body even if new limbs replace them. If added to a new body the limb(s) will take over the body and you'd have two or more of them to deal with instead of just the one. Toon physics apply. It is not alive in the traditional sense so it can not be killed. ........... It is child like in behavior and shows varying levels of comprehension of its 'owners' behavior when doing favors or attacking them.' Quote from a doll without a face's profile.

RP thread is here http://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=8759

And Akari gets the doll first.
Fantastic premise, if tou need anymore let me know.

The group idea hasn't worked out. Brinly is still interested and I've pmed the others to see if they are still interested or not. I can put you after her if you'd be interested in a 1x1 RP instead.

I've having trouble with pms so there may be a delay in my responding to them.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » A gift from a stranger (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus