Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello!

I'm absolutely brand new to the RP world and am eager to make some new friends.

I have some ideas for a fresh new fantasy world and would love to work together with somebody in continuing to create and construct an original concept from the ground up.

I love body art and was wondering one day if it could be incorporated into a story and that's where my idea of a "Taboo" came along. A Taboo is a person who wields great power through tattooing different minerals of the earth onto his or her body. For example, if I wanted the ability to wield or possess fire, I would tattoo some sort of fire emblem using some sort of fire mineral. Then, maybe get a tattoo using an ice mineral granting me the ability to wield and possess ice. THEN, I could combine the tattoos to combine the two powers.

Imagine facing your foe and for them to reveal their body covered in tattoos of different elements!

Of course, I have to think of what ways a Taboo is limited/hindered/set-back by choosing to become a Tatoo; a Taboo's "kryptonite" if you will. After all, they can't just simply be unstoppable. Perhaps the tattoos have a crippling virus or maybe they drain away your life span every time they're used.

In addition to this fresh fantasy, I thought about incorporating discrimination against the Taboos, considering that in the real world today, many people with body art are discriminated against; I thought that this could be a clever idea, and it also could be used for an interesting story.

This is about all I have, but I would love to work together to bring this fantasy world together. Eager to meet some new friends! Feel free to shoot me a message.
Hi there! I'm new to RPR but not to the RP world. :B

I'm absolutely intrigued by your Taboo concept (big fan of tattoos myself) especially the idea of drawbacks, discrimination, etcetc. Makes me think of a kind of underground rebellion taking on a new art/magic form to try and take back their city/world/something. That's just the image I get, anyways.

Anywho, I love making friends too and this sounds like a cool idea. :U I would totally be on board if you would allow it.
Matalgamiware Topic Starter

Sent you a message to your inbox. Get back to me me soon! :)
Hi there Matalgamiware! Welcome to RPR. Your RP idea sounds really interesting! This forum is mainly used for people to introduce themselves and not RP ideas so I think you would find more people interested if you posted your idea on the Looking for RP forum or by using the RP Finder!

Either way, happy RPing! I hope you're enjoying your stay here and that you make a bunch of new friends! Feel free to ask if you have any questions! :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus