Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Need new friends to RP with (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

I'm absolutely brand new to the RP world and am eager to make some new friends.

I have some ideas for a fresh new fantasy world and would love to work together with somebody in creating and constructing an original concept from the ground up.

I love body art and was one day wondering if it could be incorporated into a story and that's where my idea of a "Taboo" came along. A Taboo is a person who wields great power through tattooing different minerals of the earth onto his or her body. For example, if I wanted the ability to wield or possess fire, I would get a tattoo of some sort of fire emblem using some sort of fire mineral. Then, maybe get a tattoo using an ice mineral granting me the ability to wield and possess ice. THEN, I could combine the tattoos to combine the two powers.

Imagine facing your foe and for them to reveal their body covered in tattoos of different elements!

Of course, I have to think of what ways a Taboo is limited/hindered/set-back by being a Taboo; a Taboo's "kryptonite" if you will. After all, they can't just simply be unstoppable. Perhaps the tattoos have a crippling virus or maybe they drain away your life span every time they're used.

In addition to this fresh fantasy, I thought about incorporating discrimination against the Taboos, considering that in the real world today, many people with body art are discriminated against (Which is why I came up with the name Taboo, Taboo: a social or religious custom prohibiting or forbidding discussion of a particular practice or forbidding association with a particular person, place, or thing.) I thought that this could be a clever idea, and it also could be used for an interesting story! Imagine your character walking in a dark heavy coat and gloves concealing his choice to be a Taboo for whatever his motives were/are; revenge, fortune, or heroism.

This is about all I have, but I would love to work together to bring this fantasy world together. Eager to meet some new friends! Feel free to shoot me a message.
This sounds like a really cool idea id be up for this. Also don't go by what i normally post around here i am a good roleplayer. I can put detail in posts and this would definitely need detail and i love to make very detailed posts when i can
I actually have a 'super hero' meant for a Teen Titans of DC or Marvel rps that i havent created on here just yet. She goes my the name of Tattoo, and as multiple tattoos all over her body, though not particularly elemental sort. She was wings on her back, revolvers on the small of her back, bow and arrows on her left fore arm, a grappling hook on her right, katana on her left thigh, and a sniper sight tattooed into her left eye.
The wings actually come to life, the bow she can pull from her skin, and the same thing with the rest of her tattoos.
In the Marvel and DC world she isn't exactly a Hero...more like how Cat Woman is kind of neutral.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Need new friends to RP with (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus