Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » 1x1 with Gabe, a social recluse (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Five20

Hello, all! I'm looking for an RP with my character Gabe. Now, in truth, Gabe is many things but 'well-adjusted' isn't one of them. Bogged down by the weight of his anxiety and compulsions, it's a struggle for him to form and keep meaningful relationships. But perhaps with the help of someone new, he can finally start!

Now, if anyone is cringing at the thought of an 'OCD-archetype' what I would say is: I completely understand. In the media, people with OCD are used as a comical caricatures with their disorder played up for laughs. Rarely is there representation for this disorder that goes beyond needing to have something organized a certain way. To keep it brief, I understand your wariness, but refuse to stick such stereotypical characteristics on Gabe.

My only set ground-rule for the RP is that Gabe will not be 'cured'. The severity of said compulsions can fluctuate, but to have his illnesses completely disappear is unrealistic and offensive to RL sufferers.

Now that all of the technicalities are out of the way (and if I haven't scared anyone off) I'd love to hear from anyone who's interested! Just shoot me a PM or reply here, and we can work out a general idea of where to start.

Thank you!";

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » 1x1 with Gabe, a social recluse (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus