Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Institute of Gifted (ALWAYS open!) (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

ticklefanatic24

Lyric was a normal twelve year old girl. She hung out with friends, spent time with family, and went to school everyday. Then weird things started happening.

Years ago, around the age of nine, her mom would tell her stories, and tell her things she didn't understand, like, "Don't trust anyone," and "Always watch, you never know who's out there and when they're coming." Yes, Lyric never understood this. Why would her mom say things like that?

One day at the age of ten, Lyric was at home, in her room mad, because her mom wouldn't let her have some sweets. While watching TV, she drew pictures of all kinds of sweets, cupcakes, chocolate bars, and then ran her hand over her pictures. Suddenly, her hand went into the paper, and she could pull out the picture, and it would be real.

Getting older, she started learning new things. She could draw things and make them real, draw something in mid air, and it would appear, or shecould just wave a hHan across and make something appear. She used this to her advantage. But that wasn't the only thing she noticed.

When hanging out with friends or going out, she would notice people staring at her, and sometimes even it seemed people were following her. At school, her social studies teacher would always be watching her, and always seemed to be more interested in her thanthe other kids.

At the age of twelve, at school one day, she was in social studies class. While the class was working, her teacher Mr. Black, quietly said he needed to talk to her in the hallway. After going out into the hallway, there were two other men, dressed kind of like scientists. She didn't understand.

"Lyric," said Mr. Black, "these guys would like to talk to you." "It has come to our attention that we believe you have something special... something... others don't have. Are we correct?" One of the men asked. Lyric's eyes widened, butshe tried to stay calm. How could they know?She responded with, "No.." "The point is," said the other, "we would like to take you to the Institute of Gifted. Its a really nice place, and we want to know how you got your ability." "I-I don't know what you're talking about. What do you mean ability?" Lyric tried to play dumb, but it obviously didn't work. Mr. Black spoke up. "Lyric, stop playing games." "I'm not!" She said. Mr. Black rolled his eyes and said to the men, "Just get her." The next thing she knew, she was trying to get away from them, but was knocked out with a cloth with chlorophyll on it.

Now she must try to survive at the Institute of Gifted, meeting others like her along the way. There they test on humans, trying to figure out how their powers work, and how to duplicate them. The tests are terrible and no one that's gets tested is left unharmed. Will they escape?

Hi! This is the summary of my rp! If you are interested, please fill out a character form in this forum. You can either be someone with a gift or a "scientist." I have a forum started for the rp in the Fantasy Section, named the Institute of Gifted, and you can jump in! Anyone can join, but it would be easier to fill out a form and ask questions and stuff on here, and rp in the other forum. That way its organized. This rp is always open! How turns are going to go, idk. I guess we will go in the order you are accepted. :) Please make any character twelve years of age or older! Thanks! Lets also try to keep the genders balanced! Here is the form:

Name:
Number (Must be between one and 2,000):
Height/Weight:
Ability:
Backstory/How they got caught:
Other:

Name:
Height/Weight:
Backstory (optional):
Favorite Test Experiment:
Other:

Here is my character!

Name: Lyric Hime
Looks: Has piercing bluish green eyes that get people's attention, medium lengthed light brown hair with bangs that she sometimes wears to the side, her hair is straight. Her skin color is white but not pale, and her lips are a natural light pink. Her body is small, but not frail.
Number: 1,005
Height/Weight: 4'4, 75lbs
Ability: Can make things appear and turn one/two dimensional objects into three dimensional objects.
Backstory: In rp.
Other: Nice but not a pushover, hates being tickled, hard to make friends with because her mom said not to trust anyone, careful, smart.

Happy roleplaying everyone! :D

b]I know its A LOT lol.[/b]
Name: Krystal Hale
Looks (picture or write it out): anime-rosario-misore.jpg
Number (Must be between one and 2,000): 0013
Height/Weight: 5'3", 133.2
Ability: Ice Manipulation
Backstory/How they got caught: First of all, it is pretty hard to get her cornered.
She was walking home from school when she heard a couple guys walking behind her. She didn't bother looking over her shoulder to see if it was her imagination, she just knew they were there. She had picked up her pace slightly an they did too. They are following me. she had thought with a sly smile as she broke out in a run. She turned into a narrow alley and jumped on a fire escape, her hands making the ladder cold as ice. She managed to get to the roof even before they had turned into the alley, lucky her. She had thought she was home free until she turned around and was standing face to face with about ten more guys, all with guns pointed at her chest. She quietly put her hands up and one of the guys shot at her, a small tranq. sticking out of her chest. She fell to the ground and the next thing she knew she was in a van with Aluminum chains holding her wrists and feet together.
Other: She's mischievous, uncaring most of the time, independent, and she hates cars, heat, and tea. She loves lemonade, winter, snow and wolves. Oh and she is blind.
ticklefanatic24 Topic Starter

Thanks for taking interest in this rp! You are accepted, and the first to be in this rp lol. I hope you have fun! :)
Name: Jeremiah Cunningham
Looks (picture or write it out): [img]http://www.tinyurl.com/CrazyJerry-ZC[/img]
Number (Must be between one and 2,000): 1,472
Height/Weight: 6'2 - He's generally extremely thin
Ability: He has a 'demon' form that he goes into which includes foot long claws, antelope horns, and extremely sharp teeth. When in this form, he gets extremely strong and tends to be ridiculously blood thirsty.
Backstory/How they got caught: Jerry realized he had his power when he hit puberty around 11. Ever since then he's gone a weeee bit insane... He tends to enjoy scaring and scarring people, and taking chunks out of people and eating them whenever he can get away with it...

He's been caught doing that a few times, so when a few men came up to him and asked him about why he could do what he did, he wasn't surprised... That's not to say he went down willingly.
Other: He's a general jerk who enjoys tormenting people. Things get real blood and curse-filled real fast around Jerr.

Nice! Accepted lol. Just make sure your # is under 2,000. :)
Haha, I'm such a moron >_<
Yeah, fixed that -030-

Hahaha you're fine! You just had a small brain fart or something lol.
Glothl (played by Ethlas)

whats number? btw I am going to fill out and application. this sounds really fun.
Glothl (played by Ethlas)

Name: Glothelia, Glothl for short
Looks (picture or write it out): tall, thin, muscular, covered in scars, long black hair, white pale skin, black lips and nails, and a black cloth tied over her eyes.
Number (Must be between one and 2,000): 0087
Height/Weight: 5'8, 150 lbs.
Ability: my eyes chance color and I have a color for each power. they also change on emotion.

Backstory/How they got caught: I was born with this power and my parents didn't want me. they gave me to another family that raised me to be a slave. that's how I have all the scars. I've warn the cloth since I learned how to tie anything. that's the first thing I learned how to tie. after I have had enough of all the torture my family gave me, I ran away. my parents sent out a search party and the scientist found me hiding in an ally. I tried to fight them away but they knocked me out cold somehow. when I woke up, I was in a room.

Other: I have a very bad temper. make me mad and It will be a mistake but I can be one of the sweetest people you could ever meet. my eyes will glow through the cloth so you can see what my emotion is. I'm usually alone but if someone wants to talk, I'm there.
Blizzard Klavern (played anonymously)

Name: Blizzard Klavern

Looks:
Blizzard Klavern wears normal Jeans. While he has a large jacket on he has removed all the fur on the inside of the jacket. He wears the jacket half unzipped and has a bright teal shirt underneath portraying a winter scene. His hair style is quite messy but normally has no care for how it lays. He keeps it average length just beyond his ears. Blizzard has a along his back neck that has some significant purpose. The crest is detailed into his skin and is not an outside source. His eyes shining bright Blue and his hair silver.

Number: 581

Height/Weight: 5'10 145 lbs

Ability: Cursed Individual

Backstory/How they got caught: Blizzard had been attempting to help an individual when the scientists had been watching Blizzard carefully realizing his potential abilities to help them further their studies on a very broad topic that isn't normally touched upon. The scientists had managed to subdue Blizzard with Heat Radiation. The number one thing the curse cannot cause to become colder or change in degrees at all. They had taken Blizzard in his weakened state and kept him within the Institute.

Due to Blizzard Klavern's curse his blood had become frozen back in the 6th Century ending his aging process. Blizzard can no longer have his blood unfrozen otherwise it would kill him. Over the years of dealing with the curse it developed it's own consciousness and protects Blizzard from the heat. It also gave Blizzard the ability to manipulate the cold such as the curse does. Without the curse Blizzard would of died long ago in the 6th Century. Now Blizzard deals with the fact that he is a walking curse. His body is that of - 30 degrees Fahrenheit on the touch of his skin. The air around him is even effected by the frigid temperature. Though currently with them keeping Blizzard weakened by having heat radiation every day he is unable to control or manipulate the curse. Thus making Blizzard very easy to contain.

The had originally originated from a Witch called Elizera.
Name: Scottie Takes
Looks
l.jpg

Number: 1632.92
Height/Weight: 5'11"/160lbs
Ability: Self Evolution/Adaption, essentially he will adapt to the environment around him, this isn't instantaneous but if you were to stick his hand into a really hot place he would develop fire/heat resistance to deal with it, if you cut him continuously he will either develop a some sort of defense or response (phasing, regeneration, biological armor like chitin), those traits do not go away unless some other change occurs which changes that into something else.
Backstory/How they got caught: As a boy his mother died and his father developed into a alcoholic and often beat upon him, at first it hurt however eventually (like a month or so) he didn't even notice that his dad was hitting him. He continued to go through what he considered a normal life, at school he was doing quite well, bullies didn't bug him, and through self want for achievement he excelled at school. Eventually the institution found him, however instead of their normal search and remove they took a different approach. They sued his father for child abuse and since he coincidentally didn't have any family which he could be passed off to and his godparents (which he didn't know about) had died in a car 'accident' he went to the orphanage. A month later he was adopted and token to the faculty, where he now resides.
Other: he just arrived, and he is immune to physical pain.

(also I hope you don't mind me testing out the dice at the bottom)

rolled 1d100 and got 89

I'm sorry guys! My computer/phone didn't give me a notification you guys responded! You guys can join! And Pyrak, a number is kind of like an I'D number, so instead of your name, you are a number.
ticklefanatic24 wrote:
I'm sorry guys! My computer/phone didn't give me a notification you guys responded! You guys can join! And Pyrak, a number is kind of like an ID number, so instead of your name, you are a number.
OK, I think one of the thechnicans had fun when putting his number in... :D

Lol I think so! XD
ticklefanatic24 wrote:
Lol I think so! XD
So is he accepted?

Of course!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Institute of Gifted (ALWAYS open!) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus