Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hellooooooooooooooooo!

Criminies

Hello! I'm clearly new to this site but not so new to roleplaying. I've rped for about 9-10 years? Though it's been so long I've sort of regressed to a clean slate, and I'm prepared to start anew and learn new things. I don't have much of preference, though I'm not so keen on fan rps or erotica, which isn't to say I won't try them. I'm just usually not very comfortable in that sort of setting.

I'm a bit nervous as you can tell from my copious misuse of commas and punctuation, and I hope it doesn't deter you because I would love to meet new people and make new friends on here with like-minded folks! I've got a few ideas and a lot of characters in dire need of development, and I'd like to hear some feedback and share ideas with anyone willing. I'm a little bit shy, so don't take it personal if it takes me some time to warm up to you or er- properly interact. It's been forever since I've done anything like this so please bear with me!
Kim Site Admin

Welcome welcome welcome! :) I know it can be daunting introducing yourself to a bunch of new people, but I'm glad you decided to fight the shyness and make this lovely introduction. :) What stopped you from RPing after that decade of fun, and what inspired you to come back to it? :)

If you have any questions or get lost at all, feel free to ask. We're all friendly and happy to help!
Criminies Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
What stopped you from RPing after that decade of fun, and what inspired you to come back to it? :)

A combination! I ended up roleplaying on this small community on Fanpop.com and it became sour and hostile and then real life practically punched me in the face. After a while I just kind of lost the urge. My confidence degraded at that point to just me and my friend kind of going off and on with 1x1.

I wanted something new to prompt me to crawl out of my shell, and especially inspire me to put something down on paper, with good people and new ideas. I was looking at my old rps and feeling excruciatingly nostalgic about my old friends and our storylines, when I remembered Furcadia. That's where I found this site and it seems like a lot of other people originated there too!I used to go on there all the time with my best friend, when I had nothing but dial-up on a big old clunky pc.
Criminies Topic Starter

I don't know where to put this so I'm just going to staple it on here. I must confess after looking about I'm terribly frightened at the idea of even adding a character at the moment. None of my characters seem fully developed since I spent so long in my idling.

And so many people are so much more articulate than I am, so much more knowing in their topics! How do I even begin?? I feel very out of place.
Ilmarinen Moderator

I make half-baked character profiles all the time! Don't be afraid of just creating one and giving it a go. There's a character creation wizard that you can go through every time you make a new character so maybe it'll inspire you. Sometimes just looking through the templates gives me ideas too, heh! And you can always delete the profile or change it at any time... I'm always fiddling with mine!
Welcome to RPR Criminies! I hope that you're enjoying it here :) I love making new characters, I find the process really fun. I hope that you'll put up some characters too <3 If there is a specific part of character creation that's stumping you you could always try asking others for opinions on the RP Discussion forum :)
Kim Site Admin

It is perfectly okay to start with a simple character and flesh it out over time! Besides -- sometimes, even if you have a SUPER DETAILED AMAZING character written in your head, you will decide to create only the simplest of profiles for it, so as to preserve some mystery and discovery for your RP partners. So even when I see a simple sheet, I don't necessarily think there's any less to the character. :)
Criminies Topic Starter

Thanks! This was incredibly uplifting to hear for me. I mean it! I suppose I'll work my way one step at a time. Sort of develop them as I go.
Kim Site Admin

I'm so glad to hear that! :D

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hellooooooooooooooooo!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus