Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » You have been summoned by the King! (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Our characters are ripped out of their everyday lives when a mysterious scroll lands at their door, ominously summoning them to the King’s castle for a perilous quest. With no other details given, the only thing that verified the authenticity of this summoning was the official royal seal shimmering in the corner. What will our characters learn once they meet the king? Are they prepared for what they will be facing?

(Thanks for reading that short little blurb I came up with! I’ve done a rp similar to this in the past, but I’m starting over with an entirely new character and entirely new expectations! I will be playing a female and am looking for someone to play a male so that we can build up a very slow burn romance. There is no limits on what your character could be. They could be a nomadic merchant, a prince of a neighboring kingdom, a thief with an impressive bounty on their head, you name it! All up to you! :)

The main focus of the plot will be the adventure and conflicts our characters will have to face, but I’d like to build up to romantic tension in the background. I am looking for a literate role play partner to do multi-paragraph responses in the third person (unless there is dialogue, where shorter responses are obviously expected). Also, let me know your preferences! If you’re uncomfortable with profanity, if you want to fade to black, or avoid anything sexual entirely, just let me know! I’m good with anything (but will not be writing exclusively smut. Also, if you wish to do anything explicit, you must be 18+)

This is a breakdown of the character I am thinking of using (not going to flesh up much of her backstory since I’m hoping to develop that as we go on).

Not much is known about Nadia Carnation. She is an eccentric healer that lives in a hut isolated from the rest of her barren village, and while many are afraid of her, everyone who’s interacted with her claims that she is well-meaning, just very… strange. Her lonely lifestyle has caused her to lack all social cues, so there are many stories of the odd woman and the weird things she’s done. (Such as the fact that she almost solely walks around barefoot because she feels like she can hear the earth better this way)

However, what she is most known for is her incredibly powerful healing powers. People travel from villages over just to visit her. Most of the time, she offers her services entirely free, except for the occasional meal or strange trinket that catches her eye. This has led to her tiny shed nearly overflowing with random knickknacks that clink and clatter with every step in that creaky little shed of hers.

She is trying her best to help anyone who needs it, but has been feeling tied down to her shed for too long. Her heart has called for her to explore beyond this small village she calls home, and fate had this in store for her once she found the scroll slipped under her door, summoning her to the King’s castle which was over a week’s trek away.

(That’ll be it for now! If there are any other logistics you want to talk about, please shoot me a message!! Thank you!! :))
Magic 80%
Magic is common.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 70%
Romance is required, but may take some time to develop. For example: slow burn RPs.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » You have been summoned by the King! (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus