Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » art freebs!

fig

HELLO!

i havent drawn in 5 months! my art has suffered greatly for it! i am interested in getting lots of practice and improvement in, so here are your options:

1. comment below as your user account and i will peruse your roster and pick a character at random.
2. specify 2-3 characters for me to pick from
3. specify a single character that you'd like to see drawn

i am more likely to poke around at numbers one and two than i am at 3, unless the character really, really catches my eye.

when i finish the drawing, i will pm it to you, quote you here, and add it to the collapse-menu below of pieces finished during the run of this thread. if you desire to remain anonymous, that is A-OK! i will just pm the character you post as the finished drawing.

here is my deviantart for examples: *click click*

first come, first serve! i appreciate patience very much as i wont be rushing these. if i dont find any kind of spark with your character(s) and can't make my hand cooperate, i won't be drawing them (sorry :( ) though i will make an attempt with everyone who posts. eventually. 8)

QUEUE
-- banshee's jude or oliver!
-- cri86titanium!
-- dndmama!
-- saturninum!

Well well, don't mind if I do, my friend! Pick any from my roster that you desire. You've already done Aluel and Xihuitl and they're fantastic!

I'll make you something special in return. :D Which character would you like drawn?
this is a very kind thing to do :] I'd like to offer Zinnia for your consideration; admittedly this character profile is kind of a mess right now and I really need to work on tidying it/adding more info, but... Yeah. If you'd like to draw her, that would be cool! Or, if you'd like to draw one of my other characters instead, that would be cool too! Even if you don't draw any of my characters, I appreciate that you're offering this to people.
fig Topic Starter

Samiakki wrote:
Well well, don't mind if I do, my friend! Pick any from my roster that you desire. You've already done Aluel and Xihuitl and they're fantastic!

I'll make you something special in return. :D Which character would you like drawn?
and done! 8)
connor hunt

connorhunt.png

hope this is acceptable, i just had to draw the man with the long hair *v*

also you are so very kind ;_; i pick enosh, my automaton if that is okay >8)))
snorkmaiden wrote:
and done! 8)
connor hunt

connorhunt.png

hope this is acceptable, i just had to draw the man with the long hair *v*

also you are so very kind ;_; i pick enosh, my automaton if that is okay >8)))

Thank you so much!! I love him!! He looks amazing in that style. :D

I'll get Enosh done sometime in the early morning or tonight! I had doctor's appointment's today, which tuckered me out. But I went to bed early, so I'll have time before work to work on him. = u =

EDIT: He's all done! :D
You're style is so cute! Feel free to poke around in my roster for inspiration. If you don't find it, that's fine. I know how the art block feels. Thanks for offering to do this though!
fig Topic Starter

Faedreamer wrote:
this is a very kind thing to do :] I'd like to offer Zinnia for your consideration; admittedly this character profile is kind of a mess right now and I really need to work on tidying it/adding more info, but... Yeah. If you'd like to draw her, that would be cool! Or, if you'd like to draw one of my other characters instead, that would be cool too! Even if you don't draw any of my characters, I appreciate that you're offering this to people.

here's little zinnia!

click click

zinnia.png

she was so so so much fun to draw thank you for posting!! <3 i hope it's okay
Luscinioide

this is probably a really weird, niche compliment but your art gives me major moomin vibes. i love it LOL. was/is it a source of inspiration? i kinda assume so, glancing at your pfp...👀

i would def drop some characters off, but mine are all total edgelords and im not sure you'd be a fan of them lmfaoo
fig Topic Starter

Saturninum wrote:
this is probably a really weird, niche compliment but your art gives me major moomin vibes. i love it LOL. was/is it a source of inspiration? i kinda assume so, glancing at your pfp...👀

i would def drop some characters off, but mine are all total edgelords and im not sure you'd be a fan of them lmfaoo

THANK YOU! to answer your question, yes, i would say tove jansson's art style has influenced me quite directly, specifically the art style of the comics which i love so so so so very dearly, and removed any fear i have of drawing disproportionately or strangely. i worry now only about producing things without whimsy, that are artificial or too-polished. i like to make things that give a chuckle or smile to myself and i hope it does the same for others.

i admire her beautiful scratchy ink lines and deep colors so much, i try my best to learn to do the same, in my own way. traditional art is my forte, i usually do pencil and ink and gouache, digital just being a convenient medium to make gifts for friends and translate things to spaces like these that i hang out in.

also: i will be poking at your toyhou.se anyway. and maybe if they do not fit in my paperdoll style i will still try to draw them, because i do love a good edgelord
Luscinioide

snorkmaiden wrote:
THANK YOU! to answer your question, yes, i would say tove jansson's art style has influenced me quite directly, specifically the art style of the comics which i love so so so so very dearly, and removed any fear i have of drawing disproportionately or strangely. i worry now only about producing things without whimsy, that are artificial or too-polished. i like to make things that give a chuckle or smile to myself and i hope it does the same for others.

HAHAAA once i saw the way you draw eyes i knew that it had to be an influence on your style. something about the way you structure the faces is so cozy ( っ´ω`c) definitely cherish and hold on tight to that ideology of doing art to make yourself and others happy. i think it's something very many people wish they could have. so many of us get caught up in the numbers game that we forget why we started drawing in the first place. to draw buff ladies and swoon in solidarity, clearly.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » art freebs!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus