Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Random DnD questions

not sure if this would be a good place for this so ummm if bad section sorry

first question:

Question for all DM's in all the time you have DMed what is the highest amount of dice you have ever had to roll for a monster's attack?

My answer is 46d6

Next is a player question:

Players of dnd in all the time you have played what has been the most dice you ever had to roll for an attack?
I'm still a beginner DM who runs for mid-tier campaigns and I don't get the chance to play all too much, so I don't have by way of numbers to impress. I'm still relatively new to the game, really!

Answers:
As a DM:
What is the highest amount of dice you've rolled? 4d8 + 2d6 necrotic with DC 14 Con save, on which failure leads to hit point maximum reduction by half the total damage.

As a player:
I was playing a mid-level cleric/fighter at the time, so it totaled at one point in a round like this, if I'm not mistaken! Pardon me, it's been years since the campaign. And it isn't impressive, either! So! Haha.
2(1d6+1) + 1d4 + 3d8 + 2d6, and since I was tank, riposte was handy with an extra 2(1d6+1) if you count that for part of the answer, and action surge that 2(1d6+1)+ 1d4.

Hoo boy! Okay, my questions!

1) What's more important to you, either as a player or as a DM? Character development, or building your damage output?

and/or,

2) Show me the damage output of a build you're proud of.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Random DnD questions

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus