Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Urban Fantasy Dragon Rider Plot {Dragon (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

The world this Roleplay takes place in very much like ours except that magic is alive and well. There are cellphones, the internet, and overpriced food deliver services but there are also centaurs, elves, and all those mythical creatures living among humans. It’s an unsteady peace but it’s peace.

The peacekeepers, military, and disasters are overseen by Dragon Riders.

Dragons and humans are seen as neutral to the magical beings making them the perfect third party to settle their fights, help rebuild after wars, and keep the peace. For reasons that nobody can quite explain, when connected to a dragon, the dragon’s powers get stronger and the human develop abilities based on that of their abilities.

Drak Academy is where young people between the ages of 14-18 go to train to become dragon riders. It is like a boarding school and they learn all about how to be partners along with the riders learning basic school subjects like reading and math. Anyone hoping to get on must pass a written test.

My character is eleven years old but an eccentric child prodigy. She manages to sneak into a test and take it, scoring higher than any of the fourteen year olds who took it with her. She is allowed entrance to the academy where she meets Y/C, who will be her dragon partner.

Y/C, like all dragons who are raised to partner with human riders, was raised on academy grounds. He has dreamed his whole life about being partnered with a capable human who will help him jumpstart his career in joining the Academy’s military where dragons can earn ranking just as any human could. Let’s just say that he isn’t pleased to be paired with the youngest and smallest girl to ever gain admittance to the academy.

(Semi advance to advance lit, please PM me to join!)
Magic 70%
Magic is fairly common. Players and NPCs important to the tale may have it. Mistborn.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 00%
No romance at all will be included in this plot, period.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

Tiff_the_Odd Topic Starter

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump
Lav

Heyo, I’d definitely be interested!! I don’t have any of my dragon characters uploaded here yet but this feels like a situation where I’d want to make a new character anyways, so yk
Still, very very much up for this! Full disclaimer I haven’t actually roleplayed on this site before but I suppose there’s a first time for everything-

Lav wrote:
Heyo, I’d definitely be interested!! I don’t have any of my dragon characters uploaded here yet but this feels like a situation where I’d want to make a new character anyways, so yk
Still, very very much up for this! Full disclaimer I haven’t actually roleplayed on this site before but I suppose there’s a first time for everything-

That’s fine! Just PM me and we can talk more!

Bump

Bump

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Urban Fantasy Dragon Rider Plot {Dragon (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus