Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Some raw images don't work with the img tag

I'm lazy and want to just be able to right-click "copy image address" on my own art in Newgrounds and then stick it in img tabs for easy sharing but I end up having to upload whatever art I want to share on this board into Imgur which is a few extra steps too many.

How do I just force this tag to accept a raw image from a site I already upload to?
Claine Moderator

To get the Image tag to work, the image's URL must end with an extension such as .jpg .png or .gif. I just tried with an image from Newgrounds, right clicked and copied the URL and pasted it into RPR. If you manually remove everything after the ".png" part of the URL, it seems to work fine.

As for modifying the tag to allow image even when there's text after the extension or no extension at all - I doubt very much that this is possible.
Aardbei Topic Starter

Claine wrote:
To get the Image tag to work, the image's URL must end with an extension such as .jpg .png or .gif. I just tried with an image from Newgrounds, right clicked and copied the URL and pasted it into RPR. If you manually remove everything after the ".png" part of the URL, it seems to work fine.

As for modifying the tag to allow image even when there's text after the extension or no extension at all - I doubt very much that this is possible.

Gonna try that in future, thanks.

You are on: Forums » Help » Some raw images don't work with the img tag

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus