Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Anyone see starship's launch?

Yo! Watched the starship launch live and was curious if anyone else saw it live. If you havent, heres some info.

starship has been through many tests (each of which is awesome to dive in to, btw, so if you have free time, i think you should check it out!!) and finally today, starship launched. Now, this isn't a 'test' for starship anymore - THIS WAS THE REAL DEAL! and it was a success. Now, of course, something went wrong, but considering mankind was never meant to explore space, I think it was AWESOME!! It successfully launched OFF PAD, entering above normal atmosphere to the point we even got a view of earth down below from the ship! it was literally great, and even though starship did indeed explode (it was on purpose as the ship didn't disconnect from the boosters, initiating self-destruction) it was still great. Over the past, some test ships (startship SN 9, 10, and such) could hardly go up without destroying or blowing up, yet Starship actually was so close to making orbit and landing in its designated land place (which was somewhere in Hawaii, i don't know all the details) is insane, just the fact alone it made it up above the launchpad was a huge breakthrough. People were expecting it to nuke launch, and instead, we were all greeted with a sucesful flight! it was literally gorgeous, and not to mention, the launch took place in my HOMESTATE! Texas. Now, I didn't go to actually see it in person because it's more than just a 'road-trip' to the location that Starship launched, but I still got to watch live cozy in my bed. I remember looking over past starship tests and thinking "oooo dang this is gonna be big" AND IT WAS!!!

pardon my little rant, was just so excited to see it succeed

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Anyone see starship's launch?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus