Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » JLU: The Menace Below

Jackie Layci Corazz (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

Jackie fell, landing on the floor and shaking the room with her weight. "We were looking for something. Didn't find it, then found your gun running business." Jackie said, rolling over onto her feet and getting up. "Also I'm a dinosaur, not a worm." She retorted. She paused when the alien mentioned reinforcements. She, honestly, wasn't even sure she could beat this towering alien. The tall alien was faster and much more nimble than she was. On top of that, it could match her strength blow for blow. Adding reinforcements into the mix would only tip the scales more in the alien's favor.

"H-Hope it's a good one." Kat said.

"Try and make it fast." Jackie said. "I dunno how much longer I can keep this guy busy, and I know I can't if his reinforcements show up." She said.
Davi (played by Dreath)

Davi brings himself to the page. It was a rather complex rune. He drew the circle as best he could free hand. Dividing it ino quarters he scribed in the runic symbols. Each looking similar but with faint differences. A curve left where one spot went right. A dip in the back of run over another being straight. He rubbed one out. Licking his finger and smudging it away.

The alien looked over and growled.
"Enough of these futile efforts. You all die here. Now forfeit." It speaks before lunging in the direction of Davi. Unsure of his plan but hearing the others wishing him luck leaves it nervous. It wouldn't be worth letting them have even a feeble chance at escape.

"Come on hurry up!" Kat yelped, standing between Davi and the alien. She doubted she had the strength to stop it, even with the added strength that came with absorbed matter. Thankfully, they didn't have to find out.

Jackie crashed into the alien, having launched herself into a tackle. The two hit the floor and slid, crashing through the control panels until they hit the wall. Jackie drew a fist back before swinging a powerful punch at the alien.
Davi (played by Dreath)

The fist impacted with full force. The alien hissed and slashed. Hitting the symbol on Jackie's chest. It hacked about at her before the door opened. In poured dozens of the smaller aliens. They all held lances and a pair brought in a massive cannon that hovered alon a small panel.
"It's over." the larger alien says with glee. It's following hit took advantage of Jackie's distraction. Pulling her head down and slamming it into the ground before thrusting her off. As she skidded across the ground near the others a familiar red beeping occured.

Davi drew out the circle. Panicked and goind bright red out of nerves.
"Get in the circle quick!" He tucked the book away and slammed his hands together. He chanted the words of power as his fingers glowed and the energy travelled through the circle and to him.
"Open fire." The large alien said pulling to their feet. The group of aliens unleashed their shots. As Jackie and Kat narrowly made it on the circle crackled to life and the three were gone as the numerous projectiles hit. Blasting away the circle and torching a segment of the floor. The alien let out a shriek. "This operation is compromised. Prepare to leave. We are to be gome by dawn." It wanders over to the control panel and puts its hand onto the geletinous material.

Outside the group appeared in an alleyway. Car alarms went off and a sizzling was heard and felt on the ground as Davi panted before falling forward. Panting heavily his body ached. He looked at his hands and they seemed burnt. Like he touched a hot surface. The pavement had a vague circular shape burnt into it and a lingering smell of burnt ozone crept around.

Kat scrambled to grab Jackie. The last string of attacks had knocked her out. She threw Jackie over her hsoulder and got to the circle, just as it came to life. "P-Please tell me this is gonna get us out of here!" She stammered, moving to shield Davi and Jackie from the on coming fire. She closed her eyes tightly, anticipating the beams from the lances or cannons, only for there to be a bright flash.

The Aliens fired for a brief period before stopping. Several came forward to inspect where they had been, before the Tall Alien barked out orders about them needing to relocate. Most of the aliens nodded, and left the room to spread the word and prepare to leave the facility. "My liege, do you wish for me to alert the others that Multi-Girl is aware of our presence on Earth?" The alien asked, looking up to their towering leader.

Kat trembled, standing in spot for a few moments, before realizing nothing hit her. She looked up to see the three now standing in an alley way. "Hell yeah!" She blurted, quickly yanking Davi into a hug. "Nice job! I thought we were dead there for a few minutes." She said, the metal coating her crumbling and fall off her body. She glanced to Jackie who was still out. "L-Let's get back to her ship. There might be something on there that can help her." Kat suggested, heading back to where they parked the ship.
Davi (played by Dreath)

The alien glared at its underling.
"I will deal with it. Focus on the evacuation. And if we are not gone by morning I will need to find someone to hold responsible. Those three should never have been allowed around to begin with." Its gaze was enough to cause the smaller alien to cower. It was not a threat but a promise for reprocussions after it's humiliation.

Davi blew on his hands.
"Not doing that again. Ouch." He rubs them togehter. Wincing from the tenderness before facing the girls. "Where is the ship from here? How do we even get in it?" Davi then noticed the alley. "Wait. Is this where we went in?"

"Yeah looks like it's the alley way we came from." Kat said. "Ship should be this way I think." She added, heading in the direction they'd come from. They soon found the ship, with the door opening as they approached. Kat laid Jackie on the sofa, before heading ot hte pilot's seat. "Ooookay.... how do I start this up?" She asked herself.
Davi (played by Dreath)

Grabbing a frozen bag of some undisclosed vegetable from the freezer Davi comes over to look at the terminal.
"There should be a button, or key or something?" He looks back to Jackie. "Maybe a hospital would be better?"

Kat shook her head. "Hospital would need to take her costume off and... honestly I dunno if it comes off. Cause her watch doesn't and the costume's built into the watch.... I think." Kat said, leaning on the console. There was a bleep as she had pressed a button with her elbow. The ship suddenly shook, lifting into the air. "W-Whoa! Hold on!" Kat yelped, trying to figure out how to take control of the ship as it automatically moved, flying off.
Davi (played by Dreath)

"What did you do? Where are we going? Is it just flying itself? Will it dodge?" Davi peaked out the windscreen to see them aiming to a sky scraper. He let out a shriek before the aircraft turned. Avoiding the building and getting above the skyline. He sat in corner of the cockpit panting heavily and locked up. "I hate this city. I hate this city." He repeated.

"I-I guess I hit the auto pilot?" Kat offered, grabbing the 'steering wheel'. She tried to take control and steer the ship, only for it to entirely ignore her efforts and continue in the direction it was already going in. She also let out a loud yelp when it seemed to nearly crash into a building, only to turn and avoid the building.

There were a few more instances where the ship nearly hit a building only to swerve out of the way on its own. After a short while the trip eased up as the towering sky scrapers of the city cleared into a low forest. Kat peered out of the windscreen, eyes narrowing. She spotted Wayne Manor quickly approaching. There had been more than a few times that her Father considered trying to rob the place but they never got around to doing so for one reason or another.

"Why're we heading to-" Kat began, before she quieted down as the ship flew towards the cliff face that the manor was built onto. "W-Wait that's-THAT'S A WALL! STOP!" Kat yelped, immediately grabbing onto the controls and desperately trying to pull back. Suddenly, the stone shifted, opening to reveal a tunnel inside. The ship continued through heading down the dark tunnel.

It soon came to a stop, lowering on a large circular landing platform. The engines went quite as they shut off. A man in a butler's uniform approached the ship with his hands behind his back. The side door opened. "Welcome home, Miss Jackie. I trust that you're evening was-" He began, before Kat practically flopped out onto the platform. "GROUND!" She yelped, lying on the platform. She paused when she noticed the old man. "Uuuuh..... cool basement, Sir." She stammered.
Davi (played by Dreath)

Watching the massive manor come into view Davi was speechless. He failed to mutter a word until they approached the cliff side. He tried to wrestle the controls from Kat. Seeing she wasn't able to turn it he wanted to try even if feebly to save them.
"What about left? Or right?" He said frantically as he clamped his eyes shut. Noticing the lack of a fiery death consuming him he opened his eyes to see the inside of a cave of sorts. The ship shortly came to a halt and the door opened. A voice came in and Kat flailed out. Collapsing on the floor. Davi laughed as he realised they were down and safe. Slowly making his way to the door he saw an old man in a butlers uniform. Strange. He thought. "Oh no." He said before his pale face rushed to the small sink. Travel sickness not something he was immune to.

The old man barely got a chance to ask anything before Davi rushed to puke in the sink. He frowned, knowing he'd have to clean that up later. He put his hands on his hips and looked down to Kat. "And just what are you doing on this ship, young lady?" He asked.

"It's a long story." Kat said, getting up pausing. She looked out into the cavern as a realization dawned on her. She rushed back into the ship, picking Jackie up and dragging her out. "Sh-She needs help! We were in a fight with this big alien guy and she got knocked out." Kat explained.

"Oh dear.... Get her over there on that table." The old man ordered, before hastily leaving. After a few short minutes, he returned with a med-kit and various other doctor's tools. "If she's been out this long she likely has a concussion." The old man said, going over, pausing as he eyed the suit she wore. It was new, and he hardly recognized the Omnitrix itself. He picked her hand up and twisted the face of the Omnitrix a few times, before pressing the activation button. In a green flash the uniform was gone, replaced by more normal looking clothes. The old man dug through the bag for some smelling salts to wake Jackie up.
Davi (played by Dreath)

A quick class of water from the tap got Davi stable. He wandered out of the ship. Disoriented by the cavern he found himself in. He saw Jackie flash to regular clothing. Out of her 'hero suit' as it would be known.

"So where are we? Some kind of lair?" The sound of a waterfall broke the akward silence. A gentle hum of computers and machinery echoed off the walls. "Looks... Homie?"

"If I had to guess this is where Batman hangs out." Kat said, looking back to Davi, before back to the old man. "Is there anything I can do to help?" Kat asked.

"Not at the moment no." The Old man said.

Kat glanced to Jackie again, before turning her attention to the cavern. After a few moments, the Old Man pulled out some smelling salts. He popped them open and held them to Jackie's nose. A few seconds later, she snapped awake. It took her a second to get her bearings. "Why am I in the Bat Cave? I was fighting some aliens... did Dad-" She began as she sat up, pausing when she noticed her ship, and then Kat and Davi. "Dad's gonna kill me." She grumbled, plopping back down.

Kat turned when she heard Jackie. "You're up again!" She said, coming back over.

"How did you guys find this place?" Jackie questioned.

"Uh... we didn't." Kat said. "We were fighting the aliens, you got knocked out. Davi did some magic stuff to get us out of there, we got back to the ship, and I guess turned auto-pilot on? The ship kinda just took off and brought us here by itself." Kat said giving a shrug and a sheepish smile.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » JLU: The Menace Below

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus