Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » And so this begins.

Hello all.

I haven't done much roleplaying up until now — not for lack of opportunity, but more because I just haven't managed to get into it, much as I want to. However, this site looks like an excellent tool to help me find RPs and interact with people, and not have to figure out everything at once before getting involved. Much less intimidating this way.

I'm probably going to concentrate on science fiction and fantasy RPs because I'm an unabashed geek. However, I'm an openminded kind of person, so as long as the story and characters are good, I'll consider it.

And if you're doing any sort of cultural fusion or stories that draw inspiration from history and mythology, you've certainly got my interest piqued.

Now let's get started.
Welcome! And geeks do seem to have the most fun. :)

If you feel like you might need some practice, you can check out the Characterization Corporation. Otherwise, I suggest hopping right into Looking For RP and have fun! ^_^
Welcome to RPR EmmaCP! :) Everyone here is really friendly so I'm sure you'll be finding some RP's that you love in no time. What type mythology are you interested in? I'm a big fan of all kinds myself :) If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! :D
EmmaCP Topic Starter

Thanks, I'm checking out the Character Corp page now and there is some good stuff in there. I have a few characters floating around but I don't think they're RP-ready so I need to work on that.

As for mythology... I love it all. Ancient stuff is just so damn cool. But more specifically, I know a lot of Greco-Roman and Norse myths, and Egyptian would probably be close behind. Norse is my favorite though. I know a bit about Chinese and Native American legends too, but wish I knew more. Lately I've been reading a lot about Babylonia and Sumeria (the history and the myths) and it's really fascinating, so I'm betting some of that will show up in something of mine soon.
Heyyyyyyyyy Sis :D
EmmaCP Topic Starter

Allyne wrote:

You never call me Sis.
Are you feeling alright?
Do you need help?
EmmaCP wrote:
Allyne wrote:

You never call me Sis.
Are you feeling alright?
Do you need help?

I'm calling you Sis because then other people know I'm not just a creeper, dummy.

If I'd just said "Heyyyyyyyyyy :D" that'd be pretty creepy, wouldn't it?
EmmaCP Topic Starter

Allyne wrote:
I'm calling you Sis because then other people know I'm not just a creeper, dummy.

If I'd just said "Heyyyyyyyyyy :D" that'd be pretty creepy, wouldn't it?

I would have done something like, "Hey, you're here finally!" or something... but I guess you need to emphasize the sister thing. And you are a creep, besides.

Anyway, enough stupid sibling banter, moving on...
Emma - being so big on mythology, what do you think of sites like Monstropedia?
EmmaCP Topic Starter

Novalyyn wrote:
Emma - being so big on mythology, what do you think of sites like Monstropedia?

Well I actually didn't know about Monstropedia until you just mentioned it. I think it's a really great idea, but it's far from comprehensive and a lot of the pages seem to be ripped straight from Wikipedia anyway, so I think I'll stick to Wikipedia as my primary resource. Still, very interesting!

What I'd really love is a resource just full of different stories from various mythologies, and maybe comparing them to others to show similar themes or story elements that show up in different places. I found this excellent resource about Mesopotamian religion (http://oracc.museum.upenn.edu/amgg/) and would love something similar for other mythologies.
EmmaCP Topic Starter

Actually right after I say that I go ahead and find this: http://www.pantheon.org/
This might be my new favorite resource.
Ooh... spiffy.

To be honest, I've never been quite satisfied with Monstropedia myself; the info seems lacking. I mostly found it interesting as something to discover new things in rather than learn a whole lot about them. ^^;
Kim Site Admin

Hi there! Welcome to the site. It looks like you're fitting in smashingly already! :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » And so this begins.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus