Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Write a story based on the photo above!

As you know, no NSFW pictures or anything that implies it!

Write a short (or long!) story based on the photo above!
I'll start, because we'll need a pic to start off with.
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

31546ff21df2499a401a063d51b5515a.jpg
Unrelated side note, this picture reminds me of my group, Ovest Academy lol
Nice idea, this one! Once upon a time in high school, we had to do exactly this to be tested for our creative writing skills- really dug it then, and still do it now. I'll plop my story under a collapse tag, might help to keep the thread from clogging with elephant-sized messages, heh.

PREVENTABLE DOOM AT GRIMLARK HIGH

No matter how much thunderclouds roamed in noggin' of Glissa Vex, the weather never seemed to catch up. It was a particularly sunny afternoon, on that dreadful post-summer day, and Glissa'd just finished Alchemy class. Her fingers still reeked of the fungus toad that'd exploded so sloppily under her scalpel, and, still bearing her eyepatch from last Sunday's Wreckball game, she was in no mood to be reminded by her classmates of that astrocious popping noise the toad'd made when it splattered its guts all over her desk. No, she had worse things to ponder over, things so bad, that these insufferable little amateurs would faint at the thought of it! Something dark, something misunderstood, something that could one day-

"Haaaaya, Glissa-bissa! Never thought I'd see ye wandering about in the sunlight, how-wee!" cheered Bira, the red-headed class clown, as she slung an arm around Glissa's waist. Agh, these morons! For ages they'd been stalking her, asking her about her day, complimenting her hair, asking her to sit with them during lunch. They didn't understand! She was in the middle of something obscure here! There was a poke from her right side as well; Primrose, Bira's best friend, had crept up on Glissa as well, and was staring at.. the Book. "So, what are you reading?" she signed at Glissa, and for a moment, Glissa considered forgetting she'd even learned sign language to keep up with these annoyingly friendly people. "None of your business, that's what.." she signed back, and immediately, she was answered with a huffy chuckle from Bira. "Readin', huh?" she grinned and signed, theatrically squinting her eyes at The Book. "Ye know, you're still welcome to borrow that Diary from the Hivemind novel I got layin' around somewhere. Dark magic never really was my thing, but I think you'll dig it!" Bah, a pesky hivemind? Couldn't they feel the sheer power that this book possessed?! Stomping along in her barely-allowed black leather combat boots, Glissa decided to not reply at all, clutching The Book closer to her chest. She could feel Its heartbeat, its hungry voice mumbling as it was suffocated by the thick cover squeezing it in. It was of the same anonymous red fabric as all the other schoolbooks- in fact, it was disguised as such, but Glissa knew better. This Book had a soul, It knew things.

"This one's lookin' really cool also, though. Why dontcha let me see-" "Wha- NO!" Alas, doom had come for all the morons and her at Grimlark High. In what felt like an eternity, Glissa saw The Book escaping her grip, fluttering down towards the cobblestone floor in front of her. The sunlight set the red cover ablaze, its pristine white pages glittering in the innocent light. "RUN, YOU FOOLS! IT'LL COME FOR YOU!" The chanting, she could hear it again! It would consume all, deplete all magic from the Realm! She had to stop it, but now these idiots'd ruined it for her, there was no way she could, never! With a graceless plok, the book dropped on the pavement, reading side up. The pages displayed.. nothing in particular, really. The introduction to the Astrology 101 class, that was all. No beasts, no imminent doom. Nothing. Then, a tap on her shoulder. "Are you okay? Need any help with that?" Primrose signed. Chuckling, Bira picked 'The Book' up for her, and with a bright smirk, handed it back. "Yeah, come on with us, glumplum! I'll get you some sparkletea, all on the house, that'll cheer you up!"

ALRIGHT, now onto the next pic! This is the exact pic (as far as I can remember, anyway) that I had to write a story about in that class I mentioned earlier. Let's see how ye degenerates interpret this!

b106bac521006f8d90525d1d28135632--senior-portraits-senior-pics.jpg
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

GarnaalProductions wrote:
PREVENTABLE DOOM AT GRIMLARK HIGH

Lovely story! Love the mention of alchemy, omg <3 <3

ALSO THE PICTURE XD XD
SO PROUD OF THE GOURD(?)
SCP 9093 " The Superfluous Gourd "

Item Number #: SCP 9093-

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-9093 is to be stored in a 40x40cm vantablack lined cylindrical vaccum chamber placed in a dark preferably lightless environment, the chamber must be humidity controlled at approximately 8-15% humidity and temperature controlled keeping at approximately 40 degrees or higher. Only personnel with Level 2 clearance are allowed to access SCP-9093 after an extensive psychological evaluation and debrief regarding the anomalous effects of SCP 9093. It is recommended that the storage area be fumigated atleast once a week with paraquat or an approved herbicidal agent. It is imperative that personnel refrain from consuming all and any plant matter approximately a month before entering a kilometre wide area around the vicinity of SCP 9093's storage.

Description: SCP 9093 is a 4x4 color print picture depicting an adult caucasian male presumably in their twenties or thirties straddling a large gourd believed to be analogous to the species Cucurbita argyrosperma. SCP 9093 exhibits mimetic effects approximately 30 seconds into being viewed when held with both hands and making eye contact with the individual. All subjects consistently reported being humored and reactions ranged from manic laughter to a subtle smile after which subjects stated " That is a really big gourd ". Approximately a day into viewing the image subjects feel a sense of dismay and anxiety, with several reporting that they received strange visions in their dreams in reference to the gourd finding peace in a garden that was abruptly disturbed and disrupted. EEG scans and psychological analysis revealed that neural and behavioral changes were consistent with rapidly progressing schizophrenia. 3 days into exposure, subjects will violently and constantly demand access to the gourd, they will make this request approximately 100 times before reporting "You have incurred the wrath of the superfluous gourd". Subjects who are allowed access, prostrate themselves before the image and are seen to be uttering phrases in a dialect which has been presumed a variant of an extinct mesoamerican language. A week into exposure, the subject's habitat or vicinity will anomalously sprout vines that seem to appear from any surface, the growth of these does not seem to be explained biologically, the subject will isolate themselves and seem to meditate amongst the vines, attempts at removal or disturbance are met with vicious retaliation by the vines which spray the area in highly potent neurotoxins and nerve agents. The subjects metabolism and neural activity is seen to be slowed, their skin is infiltrated by chloroplasts which give it a green hue and the gradual growth of gourd vines begins within the subject. At approximately two weeks, the subject has expired and their biological matter is effectively reprocessed into a gourd.

robbie-mcsweeney-cevadoth-musket-volley-low-res.jpg
PK-Lucas Topic Starter

The war of a foggy night..

If he had to hear one more whistling of a bullet going by, he would go mad.

The war had been crawling on the earth's surface for what seemed to be years now, and he had longed for its' end, so he could settle down and relax for a change. But he wouldn't allow himself to give up, he wouldn't flee from this challenge.

Until the war was over and won, he would continue fighting, even if that meant his life.

Sure, he wanted to settle down, but if the war being over and won required the taking of his life, for others to be able to relax, he didn't care. Someone would be sitting at home with their family, safe and sound, no matter who it was.

So he continued, he fought.

He got on his knee, held his rifle up and shot into the foggy mess, hoping that what ammo was left in his weapon, was enough to end the war for good, and leave the earth in peace once more, like before..

Loving the stories y'all are coming up with! <3
" That is a really big gourd " XD XD

b949679569612c848adeab178fa54423.jpg
Let's see what y'all do with this? :)

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Write a story based on the photo above!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus