Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Spider in Gotham

The Batmobile shot down the quaking streets of Gotham. "According to the computer, the epicenter of these recent tremors originates from one of Gothcrop's empty warehouses on the eastern docks. " Alfred said through the video screen in the Batmobile's center console.

"Thanks Alfred, we're on our way to check it out." Robin replied, before the video cut off. He was quiet as he thought for a moment. "Wonder who it is. I mean, causing earthquakes doesn't exactly fit the bill for anyone we regularly deal with." He said as the earthquake came to a stop.

Elsewhere in Gotham, high above the streets, a strange cluster of black dots suddenly began to manifest, before something was rocketed out of it. It was a young woman in body suit with a wide collar. The mask, upper chest, arms, and thighs were black. Her torso and the lower portions of her mask were green, and her fore arms, shins, and the stripes on her upper arms and thighs were white. She wore a pair of black gloves with large cuffs, though the palms were the same green as her torso. She wore a pair of modified sneakers, with odd metallic devices on either side of her ankles. Her mask had a large pair of white eyes, with what looked like smaller ones right above them, and a messy, red ponytail stuck out of the back of her mask. A small black and white spider logo was on her chest, and a larger green and white one on her back.

"WHOA! H-HOLY CRAP! SLOW DOWN! SLOW DOWN!" She stammered frantically as she hurtled through the air. She glanced to the buildings at her side as she flew. She suddenly threw her arms and legs forward. The middle and ring fingers of both hands pressed into her palms of both her hands. Suddenly, silvery white rope shot from her wrists and the devices on her ankles with a 'thwip'. The ropes splattered onto the buildings on either side of the woman, sticking like glue. Her momentum carried her a bit longer, before the ropes pulled her to a stop.

The woman slingshotted back slightly, bouncing back and forth a few times before finally coming to a stop and dangling above the streets below. The woman peered down below and then at the surrounding buildings. "That was... really... really weird." She said to herself.

"So what do we got?" Spoke a man. He walked a long side a younger boy. The boy wouldn't look out of place in a Lord of the Rings movie, whilst the man wore a blue and red, high tech suit that looked somewhere between cloth and somewhere between armor. Both wore silver watches, and a small, floating, orange holographic woman trailed behind them.

"Alright let's see here, we got a displaced Spider, shouldn't be too hard to handle. Main problem is several other signatures. We aren't exactly sure who or what they are, but two of them are robotic. One shares a lot of similarities with the typical signatures seen with the various Goblins. One's just a dude. And the last is a symbiote, but not one any of us have encountered." The Orange woman explained. "I swear ever since the stuff in 1610 happened it's like everyone's decided to start messing with super colliders." She added with a sigh.

"Whoa... uh... you sure it's a good idea for this to be Davi's first solo mission?" The man asked, stopping. "I mean, sure he's fought his Goblin before, and he's helped fight a bunch of other stuff with me, but all of that all at once?" He said.

"Technically it's Davi's first solo mission, but he's not exactly alone. I don't think it'd be hard to get the lost Spider to help out. Besides, if things go south it's not like we aren't just a call away, Pete." She said.

The man scratched his head, looking to his companion. "Think you got it?" He asked, wanting to be sure Davi was confident he could do it.
Davi (played by Dreath)

Dressed in clothing that would not look out of place from a renfaire the young Davi wore a bland coloured outfit. At least compared to his companion. Not quite as out placed as he once did he wore a black coloured slacks with a creamy under shirt. A dark brown poncho like cloak sat over his shoulders and the brown boots covered his feet. He had full brown hair that was cut short and light green eyes. He turned the small device on his wrist. Clicking through the data on the various anomolies. Mostly it was a universe number and what signature they identified with. As he was brought up he perked from his focus.

"Oh it'll be fine. This will be a simple restoration operation right? Simply blast them and send them back to their universe. Though I don't recognize the universe we're jumping to? I enter it in to search yet it's not on record?" He looks over to the orange woman. The AI flickers about and browses the data. "And as for this Spider. Have they been made aware of us or is this a first contact?"
Jackie Layci Corazz (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

Peter nodded when Davi spoke. He looked to the AI, Lyla, after Davi finished his questions.

"It's not a dimension we've been to before." She said. "And it's waaaaaay out away from our terf. According to what data I've been able to collect on it, the Universe is fundamentally different the ones we're used to. It doesn't have a spider, nor any of the types of people most Spiders run into, not counting the Anomalies. Canon's probably radically different from anything we've encountered, so we'll have to be careful to keep from breaking it." Lyla explained. She shook her head. "First contact. Miguel hasn't decided to reach out to her, not yet anyways, and her universe has been devoid of Anomalies. Lucky." She added.

The Batmobile got to the warehouse. There was a shocking amount of damage outside the warehouse. Much more than would logically be caused by an earth quake. Robin stepped out, letting out a whistle. "Damn." He said, surveying the damage. The wall facing Batman and Robin had been nearly demolished. It looked like someone or something broke out of the warehouse. Something huge. Who or whatever broke out of the warehouse left large foot prints in the ground. They led outside in a sort of messy circle, with several small craters in the ground or surrounding objects. Crates were smashed, a light pole was bent at a near ninety degree angle, and a large van had the imprint of a massive fist planted into the side. The two heroes would recognize the van as the one owned and used by Warp, a villain who developed portal technology to aid in their crimes.

A sudden ruckus from inside the warehouse would catch the pair's attention. "I SWEAR I DIDN'T MEAN TO SHOOT YOU! I PANICKED!" Came Warp's frantic voice.

"YOU SHOT ME IN ZHE FACE!" Retorted an enraged voice that spoke with a Russian accent.
Davi (played by Dreath)

"But aren't all universes meant to be connected to the Web of Life and Destiny? Least that's what you all told me? So how can a universe be off that? Unless." Davi's eyes wander. "Unless it's some reality disconnected? But then how could anomolies reach it? That doesn't add up?" Peter taps his shoulder.
"Sorry. But about the canon. How are we to know what to protect? If it's disconnected it should in theory not have anything we could break that would tie to us?"
Jackie Layci Corazz (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

"Well they're part of the Multiverse, yeah. But they aren't part of the Spider-verse." Lyla said. "All universes are part of the multiverse, but not all of them have a Spider, or follow canon events the same way ours do. As for how we're going to avoid breaking canon, I'll be keeping an eye on the universe, and analyzing those directly connected to it. After an hour or two of that I should be able to pick up on if a canon event is happening. So it'd probably be good to just lay low for that." She explained.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Spider in Gotham

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus