Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Member Search

So, I have some friends on here that I've met on other sites that I used to use, yet I notice they didn't like to do forum posts or post ads. I feel like for people like that, we should have a member search! There can be tags for it, such as genres they like, fandoms they're in, what kind of settings they like, etc, similar to how searching for groups works. I for one wanna meet some more vocaloid fans or fantasy + furry roleplayers, and I've only really met one like that, and they are one of the people I mentioned earlier that don't really post in forums or make ads. It could also be off by default so only people who want to be able to be found in the search will be.
Mina Moderator

The search function at the top of the page allows for you to search anything. There is a dropdown list once you've searched which allows you to decide if you want to see results in a specific category such as Users, Characters, Groups, Forum Topics, Help Articles, News Posts, Game Tags, and Characters Tagged With Game.

A screenshot for the result and dropdown when I search "Jooters"
Jooters Topic Starter

huh, somehow never noticed that! thanks!
Mina Moderator

Jooters wrote:
huh, somehow never noticed that! thanks!
You're welcome! Is this what you were looking for? :)
Kim Site Admin

I don't think it was, since they asked:
Quote:
There can be tags for it, such as genres they like, fandoms they're in, what kind of settings they like, etc, similar to how searching for groups works. I for one wanna meet some more vocaloid fans or fantasy + furry roleplayers

And although we don't have this for users necessarily, we do have it for characters -- you can search by category, keyword, and more! https://www.rprepository.com/community/browse/characters This made more sense to me than by user, since a single user might have characters that are for totally different genres or fandoms.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Member Search

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus