Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Her Majesty’s Dragon {Dragon needed for Rider}

Welcome to an Alternative version of 19th century Britain. Like every developed country they have a branch of their military called the Aviator’s Core where the soldiers fly, not planes or jets (as those weren’t invented yet), but dragons! In this roleplay, I will play the rider and you will play the dragon. Gender does not matter.

The Core take children as young as 7 years old and train them as cadets until they are eventually paired with an egg. When the egg hatches, the cadet will harness the dragon and from then on until their rider dies, a dragon will allow no one else to ride them.

Dragons hatch from the egg with the ability to talk as speech is learned through the egg and grow to maturity in a year. Rider’s first duty is always to their dragon’s care and wellbeing.

My character’s name is Marlow “Marley” LeFranc. She is the youngest daughter of a nobleman and even though she is only thirteen, already betrothed to another nobleman’s son with a handsome dowry when they are of age. Marley has no desire to get married and desperately wants an escape.

Marley finds that escape in the form of a dragon egg which hatches. The hatchling (your character) automatically claims Marley as her rider and even when other options are presented to them, refuses any other handler. So, Marley and your character are whisked away to be trained in the core.
Magic 20%
Plausible legends of ancient magic, but current magic is not common.
Technology 40%
Industrial revolution
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 00%
No romance at all will be included in this plot, period.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

That sounds like fun and I got some dragon characters I can use (if you want to)
Tiff_the_Odd Topic Starter

Kdkkddkdk wrote:
That sounds like fun and I got some dragon characters I can use (if you want to)

Yeah! Go ahead and PM me to talk more

Bump

Still open
Hey, are you still looking for someone for this? I'm new here but I'm a big fan of the Temeraire setting, I'd just need to come up with a character.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Her Majesty’s Dragon {Dragon needed for Rider}

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus