Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Cant see pics.

Sky

I'm not seeing aaany character pictures. Is this just me or is it a glitch going down? I mean, I see some pics, like layouts and banners. But yeah. :c
Kim Site Admin

What banners?

I'm able to see all character and player icons, along with gallery images. Do you see broken images where they should be? Can you give a specific example of a page on which you're not seeing something?
Sky Topic Starter

Like This and this (The sentences are supposed to be actually images.)
Kim Site Admin

You appear to be accessing a test version of the site, not the real one.

I can tell because the URL that's showing in the second image says www.rprepository.com/test/

Take out the test part of the URL and you'll be back to the real site. I'm not sure where you got the link to the test version, but things are often broken over there while I work on them.
Sky Topic Starter

Oh.... Lol. Well, thank you. c:
Not sure how I did it myself! Sorry to bother you. x3
Kim Site Admin

No problem! XD I'm glad we figured it out.

Thanks for the screenshots, I never would have guessed that was the issue without them.
Sky Topic Starter

Uhoh. It's a glitch.

I go to my dashboard, click my friends name, and I'm back to the /test/ being in the url. D:
Kim Site Admin

Give it a few minutes before you worry. The notifications cache themselves so they don't have to reload all the time. You're probably seeing the notifications it cached off the test partition, and it hasn't reloaded new ones yet.
Sky Topic Starter

I have no idea what means, but alright. I wont worry. It's a little wonky but I can just delete /test off the pages I want to see.

No harm done. c:
Kim Site Admin

Sorry. A cache is basically just something that has been stored or saved.

Sometimes when you have to do a big calculation, like determining what events are pertinent to you out of the thousands of events that happen on the site every day, you save that calculation for a little while so you only have to do it every few minutes instead of every time the page is loaded. It reduces lag for everyone. But every once in a blue moon it shows you out of date info, because it hasn't gone and refreshed the cache yet. In this case, you may be seeing notifications that were saved from the test side, instead of fresh new ones.
Kim Site Admin

I just went and flushed the cache out for you. Is it better now?
Kim Site Admin

Sky,

I went and added some code that should shuttle non-staff off the test section and back to the same part of the site on the regular partition. You've been given an accolade for bringing it to my attention that people were getting lost back there. :)
Sky Topic Starter

Ohmygosh! Thank you! and Thank you!
The Trophy is so cool, I giggled over it for like ten minutes straight, I even called my friend to tell! Hee.

<3 <3 <3 <3
Kim Site Admin

*hugs!* You're very welcome. :) Thanks for reporting your problems, you never know what it's going to result in a fix that helps everyone, and gets you swag for your trouble. <3

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Cant see pics.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus