Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Government's Soldiers (1 open slot)

Derik lunged from the bullet's path, striking his elbows hard on the rough concrete ground. Blood spewed from his wounds onto the ground, turning it a sickening crimson red. Jabbing the button onto the side of the pistol, the cartridge fell into his palm the cool metal tickling his nerves. Grasping another magazine he shoved it into the opening in the gun and loaded it. The COM built into the helmet beeped to life as his squad members notified him on their coordinates, with swift, fluid movements he managed to scramble to cover closer to his teammates. Derik had been separated from his squad when they were ambushed by, "The Shield", an elite rebellion force used to eliminate the most skilled of the government's forces. Although the, "Shieldmen", are good, they aren't nearly as good as Derik's squad.

Waiting a few moments for the gunfire to die down he peeked around the corner of his cover and quickly turned back around. A shadow on the ground had alerted him and his breathe caught in his throat. Luckily for him the soldier didn't notice him, hopefully. He used this to his advantage, and when the time was right, he jumped the soldier. The man, he had found out, was anticipating an attack. Although he was ready, he was still thrown off-guard, Derik thrust his knee into the soldier gut then slammed his fist into his jaw. The man stumbled backwards clenched his stomach and lazily looked around. He came sprinting and jammed his shoulder into the man's chest and knocked him into the wall. The soldier returning the blow hitting him with his elbow in the temple. Ignoring it, Derik shoved his head into the concrete wall, cracking it and killing him.

Huffing and puffing Derik spoke into his COM. "Here are my coordinates, come find me," he sent over the longitude and latitude.
Frost (played anonymously)

Frost knelt under a window to keep from cover laying her rifle on the ground, she put a hand to her ear and turned on her comm "alright, i'm headed your way, give me two minutes" she said picked up her rifle and made a run for the next cover which she estimated was 10 meters away. She pulled out her pistol and for the majority of the time she was sprinting she was firing towards the incoming firing of spraying bullets. She slid when she got behind the cover and put her pistol back in its holster then got back on her comm "scratch that, 5 minutes"
Derik Hope (played by JollyRanchers123) Topic Starter

Derik shot around a bundle of crates and struck down three enemies. Grimacing, he spun around and swiftly mowed down another oncoming wave or rebellion scum. Rounding the crates he aimed through his sights and cautiously proceeded to walk. Occasionally peering over his shoulder, he continued to make his way down the narrow cement path. Sweat trickled down the back of his spine, sending deep chills through his bones. "I don't care, just get here quickly!" He spoke perturbed into the COM to his partner. In the midst of the battlefield, a hand reached out for Derik and shoved him up against a concrete column. The masked figure that lie before him was not from, "The Shield", organization that he could tell. This figure was wearing a large black helmet, and sleek black battle-armor with a sloppily-painted white hand.

With a swift hand, Derik struck the figure with his armored fist and dazed it. It dropped him and he fell to the floor. Without the slightest hesitation he struck again. This time he used his foot and crunched the black armor. The figure reacted by swiping his hand toward Derik's head and denting its armor. Ignoring the pain, he continued to thrash and fight. His fist connected with the figures jawbone and it fell down clenching its facemask. All the blows done by Derik had cracked and crunched the thing's metal armor. He had hit that hard. Without further ado, he grasped his pistol and sent four bullets into the thing's facemask, shattering it. What lay beyond wasn't a man, but a piece of machinery, that somehow, had feelings. Shrugging off this newfound discovery he walked away cracking his neck, rolling it around. "When you get here," he spoke peering at the fallen piece of mechanics, "we have things to talk about."

"Dammit is it about the time I stole the last soda?" she asked still running and vaulting across the terrain "I thought we covered that already, I said I was sorry and that I would buy more later" she said breathing heavily to match her own movement speed to keep at pace. Soon she reached Derik and grabbed her own knees kneeling forward trying to catch her breath "Oh jeez that was a long run, fastest sprint I made in my entire life"
Minerva Heinlein (played anonymously)

Several signal flares burst high overhead, a temporary retreat. No sooner then the signals had extinguished a emergency warning comes over the COM "Warning! Warning! Emergency update! Squad Leader Hope, a unknown enemy unit is inbound on your positions, possible powered armor. Shield-men are pulling back from the area. Advise you and your squad take immediate cover! Enemy will arrive in forty seconds!"

Derik was shocked by this sudden retreat and was almost offended by it. "This, "Unknown Enemy", isn't that strong." He stepped on the opponent's armor and crushed it under his boot. Just realizing her arrival he turned and smiled at her, covering up the strength of his leg. A dark secret lies beyond just his skin, a secret so covered, not even his trusted teammates know. Gesturing toward the fallen enemy, he spoke heated words. "This new enemy, is strong, fast, but not tactical." He looked further at the opponent. "But he's not human." Looking even closer, his eyes glinted, curiosity taking the better of him. "But somehow, it has feelings." Grinning he looked up toward his teammate, then stood up straight.

"Do you trust me?" He asked cocking his head to the side in a curious posture.

"Why shouldn't I? We've only worked together for who remembers how long" she said slipping her rifle onto her back "is this going to be a reoccurring issue?" She asked looking down at the new enemy "oh wow what in the world?" She looked back up to Derik "do you know what these things are or are these things just completely new?"

The voice over the COM began again to advice a warning when it's cut off by a female voice, one with a tint of malice in it "Seems that these pieces of scrap can't even take care of a small squad. Oh well...I was kind of hoping that they couldn't. Now I can have some fun!" With that a shadow appears overhead, likely from one of the above rooftops, a red blur landing farther down the ally, kicking up dust, blocking whatever it was from view temporarily.

"Because Frost," he looked at her sternly, "it's suicidal." Just then the dust cloud appeared overhead and the shadow flew across it. The red blur obscured his vision, but not for long. He switched the setting on his helmet's visor to heat vision. In doing so, a few pods shot down nearby shooting even more dust into the air. Armored figures kicked down the doors to the pod, and stepped out briskly. There sights immediately transfixed on the duo. "I told you," he began to slowly start toward the group of soldiers, "it's suicidal."

(Is this going to carry on, or should I drop the topic?)

Derik Hope wrote:
(Is this going to carry on, or should I drop the topic?)
[been waiting on frost.]

(Just go ahead and post.)

As the dust slowly settles a voice comes from where the first object landed, the same female voice from the COM "All unit's form a perimeter around this section. Nothing gets in. I'll handle this." If looking at the direction the voice came from the heat signature coming from the woman would be white hot. A dull thud comes from her direction as the soldiers quickly move away and follow orders "Well, well...I must say that commendations are in order. You've shown command that I was right. For that I'll be nice and make your death quick, though not painless. So tell me...who are you?"

Derik bellowed under his helmet. He looked the girl up and down, chuckling he stepped forward, obviously not intimidated. "I'm surprised you haven't heard the name. Captain of the Government's Special Operations Group, Mr. Hope." He hesitated a few seconds before speaking again. "Ring a bell?" Snickering he took another step forward, he responded between his laughs. "Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't, considering most rebels that encounter me end up dead." He rested his rifle on his back, and latched it in to the armor. After doing so, he unsheathed what looked like a plasmic sword on a black-metal hilt. "I've always been better with close combat." He readied into a fighting stance and grinned at her. "The real question is," he inched forward, "who are you?"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Government's Soldiers (1 open slot)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus