Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » What do y'all think?

10304445_572933672804714_3349575210395148552_n.jpg

So, for the last three class periods of the day, I had nothing to do so I created this! This is the Facebook post I had with it:
"So, in fifth, sixth, and seventh we either watched a movie or did nothing so I had made a rough draft of something similar to this but I had my giant sketch book with me so I decided to draw this in it in my free time. It was an idea I had while I was trying to sleep, a friend of mine told me they were doing murals in her art class and she showed me what she had an idea about it. So, I had thought about if I had the chance to paint a mural in my life time, what would I do? I wanted to do something thought provoking and creative, I didn't know if this was really an original idea but it was what came into my mind. I spent about 150 minutes working on this and I am extremely proud about it. A few people said it looks creepy but that was because they thought the eyes looked really realistic so I was happy to have that kind of effect on them with my art work. It is suppose to show that even when everything seems in total chaos, you need to think of the positives and then there are some people who everything is alright but they can't help but think of the negative. I hope you all can see that I used a variety of different colors(thank you Anthony Butler for letting me burrow your colored pencils!) in the eyes and I decided not to color the background because I thought it would take away form the eyes and draw more attention to the background. But overall, I am seriously amazed and proud of this, I got a lot of great compliments in sixth and seventh about how this turned out. Thank you all!"

I also wanted some opinions on here since there are a lot of talented artists here. :3

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » What do y'all think?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus