Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » A wolf prowled into a lion's den,

and sat down before the alpha, bowing their head. "Pardon." The sleek creature peered back up. "Do you know myself?"

Yes, well, I suppose you wouldn't.
Um, I'm… basically fresh meat here. I've joined in hopes to befriend a new group. I've hosted my own in the past; though, it disbanded several years ago, and I've been hesitant to begin sincerely role playing again. But, the itch caught me between a rock and a hard place, and I caved; resulting in… here. Ah, so… hello!

I'm more of the type to pull reins than I am to follow along (and I can be a tad skeptical), but I can surprise with what adaptability I try hard to practice. I'm always very willing for throwing around new ideas and helping plot development.

If you're interested in cryptic messages, loads of sarcasm, zodiac (I'm a Scorpio, if that says anything), and the supernatural, hit me up in a PM. I'm a bored, versatile creature.
Loren

Hey! My name is Lanthe, welcome to the RPRepository! The community's great around here, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Um, I myself haven't been here for that long, so, er, yeah.

Anyway, what kind of roleplay do you prefer? (Apart from the supernatural, I mean XD)
Nice to make your acquaintance, welcome to Rpr.
Kinia1the1Wolf Topic Starter

Loren wrote:
Anyway, what kind of roleplay do you prefer? (Apart from the supernatural, I mean XD)

Thank you for the welcomes! The community does seem very warm from what I've glimpsed through scouting around, getting a feel for things.

I tend to lean towards anything, I think? I'm not much for action, as in solely combat, but I can endure it. I love working with horror, haha, but I think that rounds in with the supernatural still. In the past, I've been most active in futuristic-on-brink-of-sci-fi fantasy and medieval fantasy. I've also dabbled with romance, but I tend to flit around the genre unless I'm working 1x1. Generally, I'm content as long as something with lots of depth is formed, since I would say most of my OCs thrive on backstories.

How about you, Lanthe?
Loren

Well, I'm diverse, really. I go from historical rps to sci fi, from fantasy to modern supernatural. Although...well, I don't generally get into late sci-fi, I generally stay around +100 years from today, or something. Or time travel.

I'm also a cinic (XD) and my characters generally have a sarcastic tone to them, specially Lanthe, my favourite character (I've been working on him for a long time, and despite his flamboyantly devilish look he has one hell of a past. Anyway XD)

I do like supernatural 21st century roleplays, though, or historical/ supernatural roleplays. Or just fantasy. Hmmm. Even in sci fi, the supernatural elements tend to leak :)

I've actually just been working on a new group, but I don't know how it'll work out. *shrugs* I like worldbuilding, but the problem with it is that things can mix and not be explained properly...

Also, I NEVER rp fandoms or more...adult...scenes. Violence and gore are fine by me, though >:D
Hello and welcome!

Folks are, indeed, friendly around here. Looks like you're already making friends. ^_^

And just to throw it out there, I consider myself pretty flexible as well, both in setting and in character type. I follow along more than I lead, though, and I'm character-driven rather than plot-driven.

That sounds like a very pleasant mix.

Yeah? (He does sound like quite the character.)

I have to say I'm impressed by the historical genre. I don't think I've ever really encountered it before, but it certainly sounds intriguing. I might look a bit more into it out of curiosity.

Really? Oh, I love worldbuilding. The lore is usually my main intrigue. If you'd ever like an extra mind to help weave things together, Lanthe, I'm willing.

I started out in fandoms, so I'm pretty accepting of them, but I prefer making things up on our own, as it gives way to more freedoms. I've done also adult, and I'm open to it, but only in tight groups, since it's not my main interest, haha. But violence and gore? Woo, yeah, I'm into that. I have a distinct addiction to hospital/scientific horror.

Thank you, Novalynn. Ah, I would hope. ^^
Kinia1the1Wolf wrote:
But violence and gore? Woo, yeah, I'm into that. I have a distinct addiction to hospital/scientific horror.

Broadcast it. ;)

Novalyyn wrote:
Broadcast it. ;)

Ah... what do you mean? ^^;
Loren

Yeah. I love to throw my timetravelling characters into Victorian/edwardian eras. Ancient Egypt and Greece are also favourites of mine.
Ah...I don't really mind adult content, but I generally don't rp it. Generally. My tone of roleplaying (sarcasm, irony, a bit of parody now and then, or drama) doesn't really fit in with the whole...heh. And I never manage to rp fandom character's correctly XD

By the way, maybe you'd be interested in the Al Morel group?

(And I'm curious about the broadcasting thing XD)
If you get to calling out over in Looking for RP, just suggesting you mention that as one of the things you enjoy. I know I've seen some characters that lean that way, so I imagine you'd get some response on it. :)

Ah, I see. Thank you much, Novalynn! I will gradually make my way over there after I get my bearings. :)

@Lanthe
Victorian and Edwardian are definitely nice eras to play around in. Ancient Egyptian and Greece? I love their architecture, but I've never role played in anything related. Seems like it'd be a unique experience.
Haha, that's understandable. Mm, regarding fandoms, I usually put out my take on them as long as it sticks to basic traits. It's hard keeping in character, I agree, but fun when you're able to flow with their personality relatively easily.

Yes, actually. Mind if I PM you if I have any questions about it? (Meaning I probably will have some, haha ^^; .)
Loren

Sure, no problem :) Questions generally abound where worldbuilding is involved...

And about the egypt/greek part: Lanthe and another favourite character of mine (I still didn't bring her to RPR, though...) have a past there (time travel) , involving demons, gods, wild priests and Tutankhamun.

Frankly, I just love ancient egypt and greece, though XD
Welcome to RPR Kinia1the1Wolf! :) I see you're already making friends :D I hope you're enjoying your time here and finding lots of fun RP!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » A wolf prowled into a lion's den,

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus