Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Stealth updating

Is it possible to not have stuff update on your friend's Home pages - say, if you wanted to make a character or group but didn't want to 'open' it before you got everything set up (or keep it on the hush-hush because you might be embarrassed by the possible contents :P)?

More curiosity than anything. It seems like everything shows up on there XD
Sanne Moderator

Create a character anonymously or use an aninymous character as founder. :) Then switch back to public in the settings. Also you may see certain updates on your own homepage with anon characters that others do not, but as long as your characters aren't connected to anyone else's nobody will see.

Groups can also be set to private and top secret, so only people with invites can see what's inside!
Caustic Topic Starter

I knew about the anon characters, but did not know about the anon Group founding. Nifty!
Sanne Moderator

Caustic wrote:
I knew about the anon characters, but did not know about the anon Group founding. Nifty!

I actually don't know if creating a group prompts a notification at all. I've never seen one myself so I assume not, but the "Top Secret" setting definitely does what you need. XD
Caustic Topic Starter

I just went ahead and unchecked the "add to public search" option. (shesh, typo city O.o)

NOW I'm off XD
Kim Site Admin

Sanne wrote:
I actually don't know if creating a group prompts a notification at all.

It doesn't.
Caustic Topic Starter

Alright, good :3

Can close and archive or whatever happens to answered questions/finished threads around here O.o
Kim Site Admin

They stay up and open so that other people who maybe had the same question can find them. :)

You are on: Forums » Help » Stealth updating

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus