Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Terms??

The terms on here I don't understnd like IC,OC,OOC,OCC and others and I know I am not the only one so can somebody define some of them?
Sanne Moderator

Our help section has wonderful articles that help you with all sorts of site and roleplay related things!

http://www.rprepository.com/help/common-abbreviations

This article explains some of the most common abbreviations used. :) If there are any you don't know and that are not listed, let us know! We'll be happy to explain them to you.
WhiteWolf Topic Starter

Thank you I didn't see that when I looked threw the help.It helped with most of what I needed.
Kim Site Admin

"OC" means "Original Character." This tends to refer to a character that someone has invented entirely on their own, as opposed to a "canon" character belonging to another author. An example of a non Original Character might be Ash from Pokemon or Gandalf from Lord of the Rings.

I don't see OCC commonly used, but my guess is that this means "Original Canon Character." This would be a character that IS original, but the universe it exists in is NOT original. This would be like inventing a new pokemon trainer -- you invented the character, but not the universe it exists in.

Hope this helps! :)
WhiteWolf Topic Starter

It did help and thanks for the help.
Kim Site Admin

You're welcome! I will update the help file to include OC, you're right that that's something that people might want to know. :)
Raskreia_Vandelf

thank god white wolf for posting this, if you didn't we'd both be confused

You are on: Forums » Help » Terms??

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus