Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » ~Private RP Group Discussion~

Maybe the more exact setting could be a current well known city, but changed so much there are only subtle hints the two places are the same.
Loren

Quite. Or we could say that most of the world had lost most of its technology when the petrol and the coal and the oil nearly ran out, and now, only the Council and their Wardens detain electricity O.o just a though XD
Losing technology would be interesting. And it would definitely lead to conflict.
Toskaboh Topic Starter

I suppose. But I think by now they would of found other ways to gain technology and electricity
Yeah. That is a side note to make. Like right now there is discussion of making roads into solar panels. So, clean energy is a thing and it could technically over take older methods in a matter of decades.
Toskaboh Topic Starter

Yeah I heard about that.
But I do think there would still be places in poverty without a lot of technology.
Humans are extremely greedy so with more power...they'd most likely forget about people of lower stature.
Yeah. True. So, there will still be problems in the system, no matter what.
Loren

Hmmm...maybe the wars ravaged the system, wasting all of the non-reuseable matters, and now, with the continental drift causing the continents and landmasses to crash together (yes, I know it takes a long time, but I don't know XD) Earth forming a new Pangeia?

And chaos erupting...

Or, or, maybe a new society emerging from the ashes of the war, with a huge governmental city, unentereable by a mere citizen of a new regime, and the rest of the lands with extremely poor technology, the one that was left guarded with extreme care?

I don't know, just ideas :) I'm a bit rusty on the sci-fi earth, actually.
Toskaboh Topic Starter

Well actually I don't like the whole...war thing. Its a pretty overused concept
Yeah. War is kinda cliched... political tensions are kind of a must have, otherwise it gets a bit too peaceful, but war isn't necessary.
Loren

Good point O.o I don't know, really. Maybe we could try something out of this earth? Or base ourselves in a city and start expanding the lore from there?
Toskaboh Topic Starter

Well even just starting on earth involves that, since earth is so different by this point. Either way, we're starting from nearly scratch so its up to you guys
Loren

Well, I don't know. Maybe we could stop with the war part, but still mention the continental drift? Like this, it would all be...different XD *gestures vaguely*
Toskaboh Topic Starter

Probably. It wouldn't have to be everywhere either, just certain continents.
Loren

((Got to go...))
Loren

Hey all :) How's everyone?
I'm good. How are you?

Do you think we should stick with continents that we're familiar with? Or just pick at random?
Toskaboh Topic Starter

Well we could do both. Pick some we know then pick others to research on. No fun if your not doing a bit of work..haha
Loren

Hah :) I'm European myself, but I think we should start in America (What? It's easier >:) )

I suppose we could advance, though. Europe, Asia... hmm.
I wanted to say I've become too busy to work on this anymore. Sorry, I'm barely able to keep up with the rps I'm already in. (I feel like the prior commitment takes precedence.) I apologize.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » ~Private RP Group Discussion~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus