Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » ~Private RP Group Discussion~

Loren

Aw, okay :/ (By the way, Pandora, have the Bridgeport forums worked for you lately?)
Toskaboh Topic Starter

Its alright.

I think Asia, America and Europe wohld be good. I've got decent knowledge on Asian countries
Those all work for me. So, how do we want them to have developed for the future?
Loren

Also, guys, I'd just like to check if supernaturally sci-fi characters are allowed XD I've decided and I'm probably bringing in one of my favourite characters for this, I suppose...

...and it will probably be Minerva "Mina" Lockstone, time traveller >:)

She's actually currently residing in 1873 or so, but she does like to travel a bit, though. She's...well, she's a shapeshifter. Controlled, brilliant and frosty. I mean, she is quite skilled with cybertechnology, and is perfectly at ease among aliens of any kind (she is kind of one herself) so I think she'll fit well for in the future... >:)
Loren

Right. Okay. :)

Maybe we could have various different countries developed, independent city states among fractured nations? I suppose a couple of countries in China would have soared high, america,too. Europe...maybe. On the other hand, we can always try to do like a multinational organization owning half the world?

OR maybe we could not even specify anything, speaking of a country laid bare by sickness and polution, where the frost and the snow reduced huge cities to towns and towns to settlements, and where...

...okay, I was carried away for a moment. But still :) It could add a surival touch to the whole thing *shrugs*
Something tells me America would end up collapsing on itself and split into smaller warring and restless nations. From there, I dunno what would have happened though.
Toskaboh Topic Starter

No, white power hungry American men would leave the rest for dead.

Also, I don't know about super natural characters, plus time traveling ocs can be a bit overpowered, from what I've seen at least. I'd like characters who are native to the surrounding.

Also, I'm also eh about the survival thing. That's another overused concept and I'm trying to stay away from overused concepts I guess?
Loren

Hmm...I suppose you're right :)

I actually had a new idea, three, actually...this is the first >:)

The ice caps have melted. The water has risen. The land has fallen.
Humanity now relies on cities upon the sea, beacons above ruins that could match the tales of Atlantis. With the floods, many of the greater countries have shattered, and the last great fragments of the landmasses rely on biological engineering to retain their former influence. The great landmasses shredded themselves in thousands of islands, and only one extremely small continent was left.
And yet, people have managed to survive. Prosper. Live.

Not for long, though. For the excavations and the diggings and the probing of the human scientists, below the now huger sea level, have awakened something. A power. A monster. A mortal danger.

Now, on the last continent, the deserted remnant of europe and Asia, something is rising from the water. Something has come to the earth.
Fear the creatures of the depths.
Toskaboh Topic Starter

Its.. a cool concept but I guess I was hoping for something more futuristic and less post apocalyptic?
Loren

Mmm, okay XD Something different, then... >:) This one is kinda not on Earth, but still :)

It is the year of our lord , 2931. Today, the first official embassadors to Maldech are about to take flight. Colonizers from Mars and Venus are heading to the planet, to speak and hopefully try to inhabitate with the species that live there. This planet is curious, with so many different inhabitants. Like Earth. Unlike Earth, however, its climate shifts drastically, as its tilt is much higher than earth. It has eight seasons, and oddly enough, rotates around the same time that on Earth. The years, however, are much longer.

Their three sentient races, at least the ones who deigned to communicate with us, are highly advanced. And powerful, despite their art of interplanetary travel not being as elevated as our own. Thus, a sucessful alliegance with them would prove rather goodnatured, specially with the attacks of the Volgoi on the Third Cascade.

Other sightseers from our lord's Earth and Jupiter are also going.

I do hope they are sure about what awaits them. Because I'm not.
Toskaboh Topic Starter

That one is better, but I'm not digging the star wars feel.
Loren

Right XD Any other ideas? (I have another more earth-related one, but my internet's really wacky right now and I'm afraid to type it up :) )
Toskaboh Topic Starter

Well I was thinking a little more...have you guys ever heard of the game "Remember Me"? If not I could show you some stuff, its more of how I imagined this
Is that the one where the person gets amnesia and their S.O. has to figure out what to do or something like that?
Loren

Oh, not really, but I did some research. It sounds interesting. I'd have to create a completely new character for something of that kind, though, since my two available characters have perfected the art of mental blocking over the centuries.

It would be interesting, though...tell me more.
Toskaboh Topic Starter

Well maybe something close to that. Not the exact concept, but mostly the overall look of the game. We wouldn't have to do the amnesia thing. I think I'm gonna play the game again once before going to far with this. I'm off to school for now but its not a long game, and since I've played if before it should take me a maximum of two hours.
Loren

I see now >:) Well, I suppose we can set something up, if lyingsmile agrees :)
Wha? Um. Okay?
Toskaboh Topic Starter

Oh I just meant its been a while since I played the game I was talking about so to get a better idea of that concept I played it
But overall its concept is the one that interests me the most
Loren

I see :) Well, how should we make it work? Taking down a certain supercompany, memory stealing (origin style? *facepalm* XD) or...? :)

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » ~Private RP Group Discussion~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus