Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Beyond Human RP (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

The name says it all.

Wait you actually want to know more about my idea? You're awesome, you know that right?

So I'd like to have a good old-fashioned good-vs-evil, hero-vs-villain RP. As far as characters go the sky (and possibly even far beyond that) is the limit. I'm calling for good guys and gals. I'm hunting for villains and vixens. From the most humble of beginnings to the most lavish of lifestyles. Be you a superpowered juggernaut or a seemingly normal everyday person. From aliens to mages, robots to werewolves, humans to plant-folk. I want you to join up!

Bring your best gear, your most powerful potions, your coolest ride and your slickest duds. Don your capes, utility belts and armor, things are gonna get crazy!!!

I am accepting most any character, be them from a canon, fan made or completely original setting. But please make sure you apply with a character this is not owned by someone else. (I.E. no use of Superman but you can have a Krytonian character, just remember to keep things nice and canon. This includes powers, weaknesses, backstories and acceptable alterations.) All I ask is make things interesting and exciting for everyone.

All comic franchises, cartoons and related movies will be accepted. However make sure we stay as close to those good old-fashioned comicbooks as we can. I will also allow the use of videogame based characters if you are not familiar AT ALL with comics so long as they can make the transition relatively easily. If at all possible lets steer clear of manga and anime based characters.

You may make a character that is based off of another existing canon character but I will ask that you do only that, BASE them off of another character. Do not make a cheap copy.

Also, just to remind people. Please no OP characters, they just suck the fun out of things.

Please leave a comment below if you have any questions, comments, compliments, concerns, complaints (which I will ignore), critiques or other helpful insight.

Setting TBD. Plot under development.
I'd love to lend a hand for the world/plot :3 as well as a few characters
Virus Topic Starter

Sketch444 wrote:
I'd love to lend a hand for the world/plot :3 as well as a few characters

An extra pair of arms is always welcome, an extra point of view even more so with an RP as potentially daunting as this may become.

I'd like to place it in the most perfect city geographicly speaking. While it will be set in a sprawling city with suburbs and exurbs, I'd also have it next to an ocean, and mountains, and plains, and a forest and has had past seismic activity. There will be rivers and a lake. Weather wise there will be all four seasons with regular weather patterns; rain in the spring, sun in the summer, wind in the fall and snow in the winter.

There are gangs, corrupt politicians, greedy corporations, shady governments, secret organisations, ruthless militaries and even a few cults.

Schools from elementary to college. Businesses of all kinds, various forms of public and private transportation and anything else a massive town needs. Everything except for heroes and villains to fill in the spaces.

What ideas would you like to put on the table?

So far the most pressing matter to me is a name for this seemingly perfect city.
Well first off given how this rp seems to be a massive crossover, I'd suggest have some reason for the cross over to occur story-wise. So first off maybe one gang pops up with enough organization to star getting the other gangs to band together under a single flag. To counter this, several of the Cults, militaries, Govt. Organizations and such start banding together as well starting a ruckus large enough to draw villains to come in and help/try and take over, and to call in heroes to stop said villains. Maybe throw in some dimensional travel for some of the more isolated stories(Ex. say someone from star wars pops up, star wars has been established to be in a separate galaxy).

Or as a seperate story explanation to further the dimension travel aspect, have the world/universe the city is located in to be a major destination for those who can travel across dimensions and such, and have a villain/group of villains powerful and dangerous enough to warrant just as many heroes popping up to oppose the villains.
Virus Topic Starter

Exactly, this will be a huge crossover RP. It would start with actually several of the various groups attempting to gain power over the other all at or around the same time. Once the first was successful the others began to get success as well. A multi-versal, pan-dimesional, time and space event creates a massive focus point along the fabric of reality that brought the heroes and villains there. But not all are foreign, some may even be native to this city.

I guess it would be the next step for each hero/villain to make the next decision. Work together, side with a faction, become a champion or fall though the cracks and work from behind-the-scenes.
Well you seem to have a pretty solid idea there. Again, the rp's definitely got my support(I frigg'n LOVE crossovers) so yeah, beyond that I don't really have many other tips or suggestions.

As a suggestion maybe not have the action stuck to just one city and such, maybe have some outlying communities and other large cities for this stuff to go down in.

Now on the setting, is the entire world a modern setting? Or is it varied everywhere else? Like you could have on high tech modern city, and then some where on another continent have a medeval style city?
Virus Topic Starter

The city and the immediate surrounding area I feel should be enough. There are many different locations each with its own atmosphere and tone that should prove big enough to keep things going in this one place for a while. That isn't to say there won't be hints of possible cities elsewhere.

The setting will be modern. However there will be very stark contasts between the ordinary places like a suburban neighborhood to a gleaming almost futuristic cityscape to a hidden underground that houses ancient secrets. I want to make things as welcoming for others as possible without having to sacrifice or add on too much concerning a character's temporal differences.

I feel as if modern is the perfect place to meet halfway between fantasy and sci-fi, past and future.
Yeah that's true. Well like I said you seem to have a pretty good fleshed out idea here. I'd say it's ready to actually be made.
Virus Topic Starter

I'll begin working on this soon, there is going to be a lot of raw data to compile, sort and present...

Just out of curiosity, which characters of yours are you considering to enter into this RP?
I was most likely going to use Saraxx for sure, and maybe introduce a Decepticon name dTreads, as you said fan characters were alright.
Virus Topic Starter

I may limit the amount of in-game characters to one just so one or two people aren't running the RP and leaving the rest of us in the dust.

I think the Decepticon Tread would make a cool addition, but that is just my personal opinion.

Also, make sure your characters are relatable enough that people who aren't familiar with franchises like Transformers and such can follow along in your posts if you so choose to do things that way.
aright
Virus Topic Starter

ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED AS WELL?
I can try and PM some of my friends to see if anyone else would join.
Virus Topic Starter

That'd be super cool of you, thanks!!!
NP. I don't mind advertising stuffs :U
Virus Topic Starter

I feel embarassed when I do it... It means a lot when people volunteer to do these kinds of things, so thank you again!!!
XD No problem. It helps a bit when an RP needs to be advertised because it's not getting enough attention.
Virus Topic Starter

I know it too... ^_^
So far this idea interests me, I might like to be a part of this.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Beyond Human RP (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus