Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » New to the site!

Hey, I'm new here! I've had some past experience with RP, but from what I gather, it's a much different style compared to what is used here. I'm interested to learn this new style and hope to have let's of adventures with you guys!
Things I enjoy that often go into my RPs:
- Steampunk, medieval, even some (samurai cowboy) westerns
- Adventure, magic, fighting
- Furries (My OC Snicker is kind of a furry, right? "owo Also, if there are any predatory furs out there, feel free to nibble on him. I hear he tastes like coffee.)
- Lots of supernatural/fantasy humor!
So if you wanna RP, send me a message and I'll get back to ya whenever I can! (Also, what does this button mean by "Don't subscribe"?)
PANGAEA

Welcome!! I'm sure you'll get used to things quickly! Everything is here is labeled well so I hope you don't get lost and if you do, well, just ask. Someone here is bound to answer every question you have.

And 'Don't subscribe' means it won't appear on your activity log whenever the topic is responded to, but apparently now it's subscribed so it should show on your home page whenever someone has responded any of your topics.
Welcome! Like Ink mentioned, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions - even if you think it might be a "stupid" question!

Having "Don't subcribe" selected is basically the "do nothing" option. The email option should be pretty self-explanatory. The "No emails, just activity feed notifications" adds the topic to a list of topics you're "watching." You activity feed is lot like on Facebook and came be found on RPR's home page. It'll let you know whenever there's been an update to one of the topics you're subscribed to/watching; whenever one of your friends or a character you have a connection to posts something; and whenever there's an update to a group that you're a member of; all depending on your settings.

So what sort of RP are you used to? The Getting Started guide might be useful. :)
Snickersnack Topic Starter

Thank you for the replies! I actually haven't done much RP outside of casual humor (done with fantasy characters), but I've been looking into joining a medieval/fantasy or Sci-fi (more specifically steampunk) group. So all I have to do is browse through the Looking for RP section and enter a keyword or too, right? Also, I'm so glad to know you can add dice rolls to your posts! I've always wanted some way to determine if an attack lands in a computer format. Is there a way you can add indentations via phone? I have a feeling I'll have to use the return key quite a bit otherwise.

Oh, wait! You were referring to the style I do. It's much more streamlined, meant for instant communication. Like this:

Snicker:*curled up on the sofa, idly casting spells* How boring... I hope someone summons me soon. I don't want to have to stay in this house another eternity...

As people here RP through post, I'm gonna have to learn a new style, but I can figure it out. :3
Actually, we do have members who play more like that, and the "Launch chat" button can be used to speed up any topic (provided others are in at the same time.

Looking for RP is one of the ways you can look, yes, but it doesn't really have anything with keywords. There's also the Find RP tool, which works a little differently and gives different results. You can just message people directly if something interests you, too.

I imagine you want indents for paragraph separation? You can do a bunch of spaces, but a double return is standard and, in this format, easier to read.

Ah, okay. Good to know there's something my speed! Thank you for the help. (^w^)
No problem. ^^
Welcome to RPR! As you can see everyone here is super friendly and happy to help. I'm sure you'll be finding some awesome new RP in no time! :D
Yes! I feel we shall be good friends in no time, you're like a double me!
Heeheehehehehehehehehe...
Sorry, got carried away.
FORMAL INTRODUCTION
(Clears throat)
(Puts on rectangular glasses)
Um...
Hi! Welcome! Hi!
Such awkward
-Doge
(Y u make so awkward?
Joking, joking. Have fun here!)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » New to the site!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus