Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Friends Editing

Skyclad (played by Yuka)

So, Bocca was an acquiantance of Skyclad. Through RP, they are now at the friends level. All good.
Only, when I tried to edit him, I had to delete the acquiantance connection and re-send it as a friendship one. Maybe have some form of system that makes editing connections a little easier?
Kim Site Admin

This happens because we let people approve connections before they're displayed.

For example, if one of my characters was your friend and you suddenly decided to move it into the family column, I might be a little ticked that someone was claiming to be related to my character when I'd only approved them as a friend. 'S why there's no easy way to just drag from one to the other. Simplifying it would require a lesser level of control for the people on the other end, and I'd rather people be able to have more say over how their characters are used rather than less.
Ilmarinen Moderator

I understand the problem, but I'm still thinking of ways to make it cleaner!

Maybe have an option displayed after each character labeled "Change Friend Category" with a drop-down box of the four categories? Then, when Bob chooses that option to change Jim from an enemy to a friend, a pop-up dialogue or page warns them "Jim has been notified of the desired change. Your friends page will be updated when they respond." So it sends a new kind of request/email to Jim, something like "Bob has requested that he and Jim now be friends instead of enemies. Do you accept?" If they do, their friends pages are updated. If not, they aren't. And if Jim never responds, then he just remains listed as an enemy.
Skyclad (played by Yuka) Topic Starter

Heimdall wrote:
I understand the problem, but I'm still thinking of ways to make it cleaner!

Maybe have an option displayed after each character labeled "Change Friend Category" with a drop-down box of the four categories? Then, when Bob chooses that option to change Jim from an enemy to a friend, a pop-up dialogue or page warns them "Jim has been notified of the desired change. Your friends page will be updated when they respond." So it sends a new kind of request/email to Jim, something like "Bob has requested that he and Jim now be friends instead of enemies. Do you accept?" If they do, their friends pages are updated. If not, they aren't. And if Jim never responds, then he just remains listed as an enemy.

This was pretty much what I was imagining~
Kim Site Admin

Thanks for the elaborations, guys. Those are good thoughts. :) I might revisit this at some point. It'd be a fairly complex exercise, though, and I'd like to do other things first.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Friends Editing

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus