Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Widget-per-page limit?

As the title says. Is there a limit to how many widgets can be on one page?

And may I say that it's great that they're all modular-like - instead of having to search for a block of text (say, one you used for character info in a specific RP) and deleting it all by hand, you can just put it in a text widget, then delete when it's no longer needed. Also, shuffling stuff around. May be slightly addicting for the OCD in me to organize EVERYTHING @w@
Kim Site Admin

10 per page. :)

For groups, 10 per page and 5 per sidebar -- this means that a group page might potentially display up to 20 widgets at a time (10 main page, 5 universal sidebar widgets, 5 page specific sidebar widgets).
Caustic Topic Starter

Drat! So... 50 total widgets for basic, no thrills profiles (10 per page, five pages per profile), 500 total per basic account (not counting groups).

Probably a good thing, or some people would just use one page for everything... ^^;
Kim Site Admin

I never thought of it like that! 500 widgets per player is a lot! :D
Caustic Topic Starter

The amazing world of math!
But spread out over ten profiles and five pages in each profile, it makes more sense ^^;

Kinda actually wish there were more, though, especially for the likes of "miscellaneous" profiles.
EDIT: But that's probably just me being greedy >.>;;
Kim Site Admin

To be fair -- a single text widget can contain 65,000 characters. Times 10, that's 650,000 characters, which is 50k more than is in an average novel for adults. Or, looked at another way, enough text to crash many people's browsers.

Even for a misc. profile, I can't imagine a reason to have more info posted than would fit in 650k characters. And that's just one page of a profile!
Caustic Topic Starter

Hah! Indeed XD

You are on: Forums » Help » Widget-per-page limit?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus