Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Uploading Profile Pictures from a device.

I no longer have access to a computer and it's driving me wild! I want to change profile pictures of my characters and have all of their pictures on my Mobil phone and when I go to upload thrm, they say that of has to be jpeg, png. I've tried all the image converters, but it's not helping... All I wanna do is make some more characters with pretty profiles! Help!
PANGAEA

Which apps do you use? To resize your photos? Oh wait.. Yeah. They have to be PNG or JPG.. Hmm..
Shame Topic Starter

I was usually using any image converter that I could find, I would convert files and then try to upload and it still wouldn't work. :(
Sanne Moderator

Are you sure they're jpg, png or gif? Use your file manager/browser to double check the extensions.

Also what browser are you using? iPhone or Android?
Shame Topic Starter

Everything is jpeg, jpg, gif and it png. I'm also using internet explorer, on an HTC 1 M8 and I reduced to under 100kb.
Sanne Moderator

Do you mean the default browser that comes with Android? (IE isn't on Android devices as it's a Microsoft product.)

Can you upload images to other places, such as Imgur or TinyPic? If you can, can you please copy the links into a post here?

My first recommendation is to try installing a new browser and attempt to upload from there. I recommend any of the following:

Dolphin
Chrome
Firefox
Opera

The default browser may be flunking out, or if you installed a custom browser it's doing something weird to the upload process. I've always had success with Dolphin and Chrome.

You are on: Forums » Help » Uploading Profile Pictures from a device.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus